To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

moving IPhone 1Password to Windows Desktop

Options
araines
araines
Community Member

I have had 1password for my iphone and ipad and just purchased it for my windows desktop and I'm having problems getting it to work on my desktop

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have had 1password for my iphone and ipad and just purchased it for my windows desktop

Comments

• mhyar
    mhyar
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi @araines,

Congrats on the new purchase!

May I ask what specific problem you are running into?

If you have a 1Password account here is a link to how to migrate your data over, with a video to help you out as well!

Let me know if that helps. If you're still running into issues please let me know. And if you can, let me know how you sync your iPhone and iPad so I can make sure you have all your data on your new desktop!

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

I guess I forgot my master password

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

I guess I sync my Iphone and IPad through Icloud

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

I don't understand any of this

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

I paid for 1Password App for my IPad and IPhone several years ago and now was trying to get on my PC and paid for that and can't get it to work. You guys have big delays in your responses and don't off call support. Makes me question wither I picked the right service!!!!!!!!

• mhyar
    mhyar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @araines,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still having issues. Lets try to figure this out together and have you up and running quickly.

Can you check how you sync your 1Password account on your iPhone or iPad? You can do so by opening 1Password on either your iPhone or iPad you can tap the 1Password icon, which is in the top left, and then select your primary vault. You should see how your iPad and iPhone are syncing. From there you can change the way you sync so you can be up and running on your windows desktop.

I genuinely understand your frustrations. I also understand that you've paid for all the apps, but might I suggest signing up for a 1Password account. It offers plenty of new features and provides a very quick way for you to get setup on all your devices. That way you can sync between iOS, Windows, and even Android (if you ever decide to move to Android). Best part about it is that you can get a free 30 day trial (you don't even have to give your credit card info for the trial) and can easily sync your accounts on all your devices in less than a minute. Oh, I forgot to mention that it offers even increased security (besides all the great features) with providing you a secret key!

Let me know how it goes. I understand you're frustrated right now, but I assure you we'll have you up and running in no time!

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

I think I did sign up for 1Password account and logged in. I see how to sync on my IPhone and IPad but don't see haow to do it in the PC app

ref: HCN-63146-922

• mhyar
    mhyar
    Community Member
    Options

Great news that you can sign in @araines!

Here is a great guide to help you get started. Just click the Windows tab to show the proper instructions.

And just so I can be sure, are you able to log in here? Just want to make sure you can get into your 1Password account.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@araines: I just replied to your email, so please check your inbox. :) :+1:

Thank you for helping out @mhyar! It seems that we will need to migrate araines' data first.

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: HCN-63146-922

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

I sent diagnostic report for my IPad and Iphone.................Waiting for a reply..................gosh at this rate it's going to take for ever.
    waiting, waiting, waiting!

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

I'm paying for something I can't use!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@araines: I have found your reports and will reply today. We will keep working with you until you are all set. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

I'm waiting!!!!!!!!!

• Ben
    Options

@araines

Greg replied to you 18 hours ago and we have not received an email back from you since then. In case you did not receive it I’ll re-send it. If you still are not receiving it please check your junk mail.

Ben

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I found the email. But I don't have a vault file on my PC. I don't ever remember getting a file from my ISO devices.

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

Also don't know if it means anything but the password I use on my ISO devices is different then the one I use for widows PC

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

Also once I do get it working will they sync automatically on all devices?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @araines,

But I don't have a vault file on my PC. I don't ever remember getting a file from my ISO devices.

You do not need any vault files on your PC. What we need to do now is to migrate your data from a local vault on your iOS devices to your 1Password account. Once your data is there, it will sync automatically.

Could you please try to follow the instructions in the email I've sent you and tell us how it goes in a return email? Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

I thought I did. If you can't do phone support than I need a more step by step instructions.

A very fustrated customer!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@araines: I am really sorry for these ongoing troubles with 1Password.

I've just sent another email. Please check your inbox and let's continue our conversation there. Thank you! :+1:

• araines
    araines
    Community Member
    Options

I thought I did. But I can't find a vault file on my windows device when it asks me point to it. I can find the 1Password folders but not the file it's looking for. Why can't I talk with someone on thephone to resolve this? If not I need more detail step by step directions. If you can't support over the phone please supply a more detail step by step.

A very fustrated customer!

• Ben
    Options

We do not offer telephone support but we'll continue the conversation via email. Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.