To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Family Plan Migration from Two Individual Mac Users

davecjoyce
davecjoyce
Community Member

I am interested in converting to the family plan so that my wife and I, both 1Password users on our MacBooks but having paid for two apps (one for each of us), could have one central password file for everything as well as be able to use on Windows 10 PCs we also use and out iPhones. How do we proceed? If we purchase the family plan, can we migrate two separate 1Password files to the plan? Also, does the subscription service store the passwords locally on our devices as well as in the cloud to sync?

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 687003
OS Version: Mac OS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @davecjoyce,

I'm glad to hear you're considering a Family account - you're going to love it. You can definitely migrate two separate 1Password data files to the Family account. With an account, your encrypted data is stored in the cloud so that it automatically syncs with all your devices, but a copy is also stored offline on each device, so that you can access your data even if you don't have an internet connection.

These are the steps you'll want to follow:

1. Sign up for a Family account and migrate your own existing data.
    2. Invite your wife as a family member and have her migrate her existing data in the same way that you did (signing in with her own account details).

Let us know how that goes!

• davecjoyce
    davecjoyce
    Community Member

Sounds simple! Many thanks!

• On behalf of Meek you’re most welcome. Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.