FF and Mini focus

leesweet
leesweet
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

We had this discussion for a bit in a thread on the trackpad, but I thought I'd start a new one, since it's consistent. I have a trackpad on my Dell laptop, but it's not in use when I'm testing and turning it off doesn't help, so I think that's not the cause as it seems to be elsewhere.

The use case is FF60b7 (doubt the beta matters), going to any Microsoft ADFS app (I think I can give you an external sample you can get to).

PC screen locked, unlock, click on Mini, it prompts for master password, the cursor is in the mini's field, but when you type, it ends up in the browser login fields. Not good if you aren't paying attention!

I was going to include a screenshot, but it doesn't capture the cursor being in the mini while the text is in the login field.

What else can I supply? Can't see how it's a webpage issue when the focus is not in the right place...

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Win10 1709
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @leesweet,

Thanks for reporting this.

1. Can you reproduce this specific issue in Safe Mode with networking?
    2. Is it only happening on ADFS site, other site work fine?

Disabling trackpad/touchpad isn't the cure in the thread here, it was disabling "two finger scrolling" and "pinch to zoom" in the touchpad settings, which applies to all mouse/trackpads attached to the system.

The problem is that the way we focus 1Password mini shouldn't involve any hardware settings and we can't reproduce it on any touchpad/trackpad either.

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member

Right, I was just ruling out the touchpad since I do have one, but don't use unless I have to sit in a meeting somewhere. Normal mode is external monitors and keyboard.

Let me do some more experimentation. On the (aforementioned elsewhere home PC), it works. So it may be a one-off... sigh... On that PC, I have the same FF version (beta) and the same plugins. So, this will take some playing around. I'll get back to you.

• @leesweet, unfortunately, that is why we haven’t been able to fix it. There is no way to reproduce it consistently, not even Microsoft could look into it.

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member

Safe mode gives me the dreaded Bitlocker (we have that fun thing at work, and I've not taken the time to get the key). But now on full reboot the same site works. Arg... Let me once again see if I can get something I can repro externally for you. "I'll be back."

• Good luck! 👍

This discussion has been closed.