Drag & drop functionality not working

CraigN
CraigN
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

In 1Password 4 for Windows and In the Mac beta there is the ability to drag and drop one or more items onto tags. This is super useful and makes sorting items a LOT easier than editing and typing the tag name and then saving.

Please bring this feature into the Windows beta.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @CraigN,

Thanks for requesting this.

I'm not sure how you're able to drag items onto tags in 1Password 4 for Windows since it didn't support tags on the sidebar but I'm assuming you're referring to folders and the built-in smart folders.

We do plan to support drag and drop in a future update but it may take a while. In the meantime, you can select the tag on the sidebar in 1Password 7, select multiple items in the item list, and right-click on them to expand the tag menu to either remove one of the tags or to add a new tag.

We do want to simplify the tag menu as well as it is a little confusing to use but we'll keep improving this.

• CraigN
    CraigN
    Community Member

Thanks Mike. Yeah I was referring to 1PW4 folders it appears. Still the same concept.

I tested this out on Windows and it works. I suggest adding an auto-complete as you type to the tag menu to make it faster to use.

On the Mac beta I notice this functionality is missing. Is it going to be added there too?

• Hi @CraigN,

I suggest adding an auto-complete as you type to the tag menu to make it faster to use.

It's in the plans, we're trying to investigate for a better simple UI to use as this tag menu is not that great to use at the moment.

On the Mac beta I notice this functionality is missing. Is it going to be added there too?

As far as I know, they're considering but like us, trying to come up with a simple UI.

Yeah I was referring to 1PW4 folders it appears. Still the same concept.

The cool thing about tags is that you can have the same item in multiple tags whereas in folders, you can only assign one folder for one item.

This discussion has been closed.