To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Did I overwrite my old info? Can I get it back?

Options
Beris16
Beris16
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Memberships

I have been going around in circles with your help pages. Now, I think I have three accounts, two licences and still no saved passwords. Please help!

I had a single license that needed to be upgraded. I upgraded ok until I rebooted. I think the re-boot may have installed another 1password app on top of what I had. It looks completely different and there are no passwords saved.

I tried to login but could not find my login email or emergency key. Somehow I thought I needed to purchase a membership so I purchased one.(But I think I already had one). From there, I tried to migrate data from the old account to the new account but I can't even find the setting dropdown (video said top right) to start the process.

I keep ending up here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

I am stuck here:
Step 2. Import data into your new account
Choose 1Password > Import and click “AgileKeychain or OPVault folder”
I am on a page that looks like this (image)

[screenshot with personal information removed by AgileBits staff — this is a public forum]

I don't care so much about the extra accounts -- I just need one account that links to my old passwords.
What am I missing?

Thank You.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:migrate data

Comments

• HelpfullWill
    HelpfullWill
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hello Beris! I'm sorry to hear you are having some technical difficulties, I hope I can assist you and get you back on the road!

If I understand you correctly, you have a 1password license and you are trying to migrate your data to an account.

I just watched the video as well, they are importing the data using the desktop application, which you can download here:

https://1password.com/downloads/

The image you posted is from the 1password website.

You will want to log into your account in the desktop application. Make sure you use your account code!

Once you are logged in, in the top left hand corner you will see a 1password button.

Click the 1password button, then click the import button directly underneath.

This will bring you to the “AgileKeychain or OPVault folder”, seen here.

Once you click on your “AgileKeychain or OPVault folder” you will have to direct the 1password app to the folder where your data is stored.

You will also have to enter the vaults master password. Then you can select the vault where your data will go!

Once that is done, you should have your data secured and ready to use in your account! I hope this was helpful! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

William :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Beris16: Having multiple accounts is no problem, even if you don't want more than one, so long as 1) you don't setup billing for any but the one you intend to use and 2) you don't get confused about which is which. So generally I'd recommend on settling on the one you want and getting rid of the rest, just to avoid any future confusion.

However, it's important to note that if you'd previously purchased a license for the standalone 1Password app, you would not have an account associated with that. You will only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you would use 1Password without an account and sync your data yourself.

From the screenshot you included (which I removed — this is a public forum), it looks like you've signed into the 1Password.com website and have yet to save anything in your account. You won't be able to migrate your existing 1Password data from there; that's done in the desktop app, as noted in the migration guide you linked.

Since you listed the 1Password version number as 4.6.2.626 and the OS as Windows 10, it sounds like you've been using 1Password on a PC. In that case, you'll need to follow the guide to install 1Password 6, add your data there, and then uninstall 1Password 4:

Migrate your data on your main device

I think you'll be on the right track once you follow those steps, as you seem to be getting stuck trying to use the website to do that. But let me know if you have any questions at all. :)

• Beris16
    Beris16
    Community Member
    Options

This seems to be solved now. Thank you both for your help. As well as getting on the right platform (app vs extension), the missing piece was the link to my agilbits chain (folder).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, gotcha. Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.