BUG: 1Password 7 only allows "copy password" shortcut for logins

lookingforentropy
lookingforentropy
Community Member

I have a bunch of items in my vault with the type "Password" (as opposed to "Login", "Secure Note", etc).

In prior versions of 1Password, I could open 1Password Mini, search for the item, hit Cmd+Shift+C, and the password would be copied to my clipboard.

In 1Password 7, however, Cmd+Shift+C only seems to work for items with the "Login" type (and not only that, but they MUST have a "username" filled out in order to work). Therefore I have to use the mouse to click "Copy" manually.

This is very frustrating because non-logins (e.g. to decrypt vaults on my computer, SSH keys, etc) are the time when the "copy to clipboard" functionality is most useful. For logins, I can usually use the browser's auto-fill.

I would really appreciate if you could address this issue. Thank you very much!

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OSX 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• lookingforentropy
    lookingforentropy
    Community Member

Bump

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, in the process of making it possible to use keyboard shortcuts to copy in more contexts it introduced some inconsistencies. We're evaluating how best to improve this going forward for both use cases. Thanks for the feedback!

• lookingforentropy
    lookingforentropy
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty , would love to see a solution for quickly copying items of "Password" type, since I do this all the time!

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

On behalf of brenty, you're very welcome, @lookingforentropy! To explain what's happening here:

• Control‑Command‑C previously copied the item's username, but now copies the first field instead
    • Shift‑Command‑C previously copied the item's password, but now copies the second field instead

So, for password items, you'll need to use the former (with Control) to copy the password! And just like brenty said, we're looking to improve this going forward. :)

• lookingforentropy
    lookingforentropy
    Community Member

@Henry Thank you!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• mkowske
    mkowske
    Community Member

Yes agreed, this is my one gripe with 1password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it's only one gripe, but we'll see if we can find a good solution for this case too. :)

• dustinfarris
    dustinfarris
    Community Member

Same here. I 1Password mini I can't copy Password entries with any keyboard shortcut. I use 1Password mini in Terminal a lot to copy sudo passwords, gpg encryption key passwords, etc... would love to have this shortcut working again. Thanks!

• @dustinfarris,

You should update to 1Password 7.2.2, it has the fix you're looking for.

This discussion has been closed.