To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to log into 1Password 7.

Options
dbwrangler
dbwrangler
Community Member

I have used a 1Password App for at least 6 years. I can still log in with the original password on my iMac. I cannot log in with my MacBook Air or my iPad or my iPhone. I have exported the data to a secure local disk (a portable drive that is unplugged). I was not really happy with the change from a standalone app to a subscription service but that is now water under the bridge. I think I would like to completely start over. What is the best way to do this?

Thank You for your help

Jim Matson

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dbwrangler
    dbwrangler
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 7
    Version 7.0.7 (70007000)
    AgileBits Store
    Extention Version None
    OS version MS High Sierra
    MacBook Air
    Processor 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Start up DisknMacintosh HD
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
    Serial # C02L2BSZF6T6

I sync through iCloud.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dbwrangler: Thanks for reaching out. I think there may be some confusion. If you're using 1Password.com, iCloud won't be involved at all. So I wonder if you even have and account. To be clear, you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. Either way, let me know what you're trying to do, and what format you have your data in and we'll go from there.

• dbwrangler
    dbwrangler
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your quick response. I had a QR code that could be scanned and what looked to be a random 16 place numerical alpha code. I printed out the page and then promptly misplaced it, which is my fault and why I want to start over. I would like to delete all references to 1Password and 1Password 7, including cookies or other hidden files and then download a fresh copy. Is this a good idea or am I just digging a deeper hole? It seems that you do not have an uninstall program or some way to reset a lost password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dbwrangler: That would definitely be overkill, and ultimately wouldn't really help. If you've got a 1Password.com account, the server handles all of your encrypted data. So in order to start over, you'd need to delete the account itself. There just isn't any way to "reset" a Master Password. Otherwise that could be used by anyone to access another person's account.

At this point, since we're necessarily going to be talking about account stuff and need to exchange more detailed information about your setup, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it via email, so I can get a sense of how you have things setup and give you steps on how to proceed:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#VFJ-76212-449]

If you’re reading this and you are not dbwrangler, this Support ID is for dbwrangler only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: VFJ-76212-449

This discussion has been closed.