To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

hello i have been requested to download the new version of 1 password and now it no longer opens.

Options
tattoo1430
tattoo1430
Community Member

Hello,

I have been a user of 1 password for quite some time now. There have been quite a few prompts in the last few months to update to the newer version which I have always ignored. Being that I am not the greatest with technology did not want to get involved with a newer version given I have no need to update.
That said I did indeed update to the newer version and now the icon no longer opens. It tells me to contact you for further assistance.
What shall I do?
Thank you for your help in this matter.

Best,
Nicholas LaRusso

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:f

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tattoo1430: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Also, which OS version are you using? Thanks in advance!

• tattoo1430
    tattoo1430
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again,

Apologies for my tardy reply.
    I have tried to open the 1 password and this is what appears
    ‘1 password failed to connect to 1 mini

Please restart 1 password. If this does not help please contact agilebits support.’

Under that there are two options:
    To the left LEARN MORE and to the right
    QUIT

Thank you for your help as to what I need do.

Best,
    Nicholas

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tattoo1430: Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better.

This discussion has been closed.