To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Qu. re: Recently bought Active subscription for Mac, but also have 1P on new Android device

Options
rb_stern
rb_stern
Community Member

I have had 1P on my MacBook Pro and my iPhone for several years. I recently upgraded to 1P 7 on the Mac, and paid for a subscription. I have switched the iPhone for an Android, and downloaded 1P for Android, on it. All my passwords and logins are there. But it has told me that I need to pay for a subscription in order to sync my passwords between the 2 devices. Do I really have to pay yet more to upgrade 1P on the phone as well as the Mac, or can I leave it as it is, and just manually enter new or edited passwords on that device as necessary?

Thanks, Richard

1Password Version: 7.0.7 (Mac) , 6.8 on the Android
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6 (Mac) 🖥 , 8.0.0 and (Android)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rb_stern: I'm not sure if I'm confused or if you are, but I'm sure we can figure it out! :lol:

I guess the question is, do you have an active 1Password.com membership already? If so, then you don't need to pay for a second membership to use 1Password on other devices: everything is included in a single membership; that's sort of the point. :)

However, if you've purchased a specific version of the 1Password app, not subscribed to a membership, then yes, you'd need to purchase the other apps if you want to use those as well.

You may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. But if you prefer to buy each version "a la carte" and sync your own data, that's an option as well. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• rb_stern
    rb_stern
    Community Member
    Options

I have an active subscription on the individual plan. So should my 2 devices sync automatically? Is that the same as a membership?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rb_stern: Yep! Definitely don't sign up for a second membership. It not only costs money, but potentially confusion when you're trying to figure out where your data is. ;)

Do you have your Emergency Kit? You can use those same account credentials — or your Setup Code in 1Password on the device you're already using it — to sign into your account on other devices. :)

• nerdybynature
    nerdybynature
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar issue:
    I have bought the pro features as an in-app purchase on my Android device and now, how do I get the pro features on my Mac?
    As far as I know, I don't have a membership. All the methods for retrieving the secret key need me to sign in. With the secret key.

Cheers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nerdybynature: Sorry for the confusion! You will only have a 1Password account and Secret Key with a membership. There are also no "pro features" on the Mac, and each app is a separate purchase; the Mac app is not included with the Android version, and can't be since Google won't sell you software for Apple platforms. So you would either need to purchase 1Password for Mac too, or sign up for a 1Password.com membership which includes all of the apps. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• nerdybynature
    nerdybynature
    Community Member
    Options

Makes sense.

Is it possible to cancel the purchase I made in the Android app and sign up for a 1Password membership instead?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018
    Options

@nerdybynature

Our sales team should be able to come up with something for you. Please reach out to sales@1password.com. Thanks! :)

Ben

ref: WGY-22176-249

This discussion has been closed.