To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Stuck in a weird state

Options
colinc86
colinc86
Community Member

I'm stuck in a weird state with 1Password and I need help!

After years of using Keychain, people telling me to use 1Password, and after recent news articles about it being used by 1 large company, I decided to give it a shot. Signed up, installed the macOS and iOS versions, plugging in my personal information and looked through the "Starter Kit" items when you first get to your dashboard. I noticed that 1Password told me that my master password was "terrible"... so what did I do? I had 1Password generate a new password for me. I updated my card in 1Password, changed my actual master password to the new password andddddd, suddenly I'm logged out and asked to log in with the new master password. Which I don't have. Which is stored by 1Password (I understand how dumb this was). After a few seconds of panic, I start digging through your site and realize that the only way I'm going to solve this is to reset all of my data. I did that, and now I'm still stuck trying to log in with the master password. I can't even create a new account because my email is already in use (by me).

So at this point, all I want to do is use my email with the account. I don't care about the data. I hadn't even migrated any of my passwords over to it yet. I have my email (ironically the same email address I used to make this support account), my secret key, and my two factor codes. What do I do?!

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.14 (18A336e)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• colinc86
    colinc86
    Community Member
    Options

I just wanted to follow up on this. A 1Password support team member got back to me via email.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. For future reference we'd request not opening multiple support requests for the same issue. Doing so causes a duplication of efforts on our part which slows down support for everyone, including you. :) Thank you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.