1Password 7 on Mojave not updating

emason571
emason571
Community Member

Trying to update 1Password 7 on Mojave. Won't complete update because it says I need to quit 1Password. It is closed. What do I do? "“1Password 7” cannot be open during installation"

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Quit COMPLETELY using ctrl-option-cmd-Q within 1PW or from the gearwheel in 1PW Mini.

Otherwise even if you quit 1PW then 1PW Mini remains running (as it should).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @emason571! I'm sorry for the trouble. This has actually been addressed in version 7.2.1, but unfortunately, that means that it isn't until the following version that you won't experience this. For now, @danco's advice is correct: Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and try the update again. Let us know if you continue to have problems. :)

• navjeetsingh
    navjeetsingh
    Community Member

Hey Lars,

I have tried the method you have suggested but I am still unable to update the app :(

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @navjeetsingh! I'm sorry for the trouble. What have you tried to do so far? Can you tell us what version of macOS you're using, as well as what version of 1Password for Mac -- and I assume it's from the Mac App Store but correct me if that's not the case.

• Oaxaca_One
    Oaxaca_One
    Community Member

I had the same problem, but quitting 1Password by using pressing control-option-command-Q worked for me and now I was able to update 1Password. So I would suggest everyone try this.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Oaxaca_One - that should definitely work; if it doesn't, something else may be going on. Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

This discussion has been closed.