Two vaults, cannot merge into one

applemaniac
applemaniac
Community Member

Hi,
I´m from Germany, so please excuse my Englisch.

I have two vaults/safes, on is called "Personal", the other is in the icloud and is calles "Primary".
How can I merge both into the icloud? Neither on my iphone nor on my mac I can find a solution?

The other thing is, when I login via your Homepage, I only see my Personal vault, not the vault of the icloud? What do I wrong, when i safe passwords?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOs 10.14
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@applemaniac - if you have a vault called Personal, that means at some point, you created a 1password.com account. 1password.com memberships (accounts) are paid for via subscription (abo) and sync through the 1password.com servers. They cannot be synced via iCloud. Your Primary vault is likely the vault you had previously. It's a standalone vault that you create on your own Mac, and choose one of our advanced (3rd party) sync methods (including iCloud) to sync. So you've got a choice: if you want to continue with your 1password.com membership, then you will want to transfer your data in your Primary vault into the Personal vault, then remove the Primary vault. But if you don't want the 1Password membership, then you'll want to transfer the Personal vault's contents back into Primary, and delete your 1password.com account (which you can do in Preferences > Accounts). Hope that helps! :)

• dpvrai
    dpvrai
    Community Member

If I copy iCloud copy to Personal, will it find and merge duplicates? And just to confirm, it seems that with my subscription, the Personal vault is the one I should use henceforth. Correct?

• dpvrai
    dpvrai
    Community Member

8-) Any help here? I have a Personal and iCloud vault, with 95% percent the same info but 5% different.

I wish to have only one vault, on iCloud so it is always backed up, and wish to merge the two vaults I have. But I do no wish to create duplicate entries.

This commenced when I switch from license to subscription model.

Please help. I have been a user for >10 years and have long extolled your virtues. This is not a good user experience.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If I copy iCloud copy to Personal, will it find and merge duplicates?

@dpvrai: No. 1Password will securely store any data you save. Just like any other files -- images, videos, mp3s, etc. -- 1Password items cannot be merged.

And just to confirm, it seems that with my subscription, the Personal vault is the one I should use henceforth. Correct?

Correct. The Personal/Private vault is part of a 1Password .com account.

8-) Any help here?

Yep. :)

I have a Personal and iCloud vault, with 95% percent the same info but 5% different.

It seems like it would be easiest to sort my date modified and copy over only the 5% of items you've changed.

I wish to have only one vault, on iCloud so it is always backed up, and wish to merge the two vaults I have. But I do no wish to create duplicate entries.

Sync is not a backup. It will sync data deletion and corruption as well.

This commenced when I switch from license to subscription model.

It sounds like you declined to remove the original vault after migrating the data to your new account. Once you have everything in the Personal/Private vault (again), you should disable local vaults (Preferences > Advanced) to avoid future confusion.

Please help. I have been a user for >10 years and have long extolled your virtues. This is not a good user experience.

I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed for such a long time. I'm sorry you've gotten mixed up by not removing the superfluous vault, but once you get that sorted it should be smooth sailing again. Let me know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.