Database backup failed alert keeps appearing

gisborne
gisborne
Community Member

Mojave. 1Pwd 7.2.1.

I ran the Troubleshooting utility, and it has generated some files, but I was not offered a next step (I was expecting to have a "create new mail message?" option somewhere).

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gisborne - looks like you've sent in a diagnostics report via email, so I guess you were able to solve that part of it? Let me know if that's not the case. :)

• gisborne
    gisborne
    Community Member

I don't understand. I have one problem, where this dialog keeps appearing. I haven't solved it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gisborne: You said your problem was you couldn't figure out how to send diagnostics, but as Lars mentioned it looks like you've already done just that.

As far as the email, we'll get back to you there after having responded to others who contacted us before you, and after reviewing the diagnostic information you sent. Thanks for your patience.

ref: HFC-32539-131

• bobby1
    bobby1
    Community Member

you guys really need a diagnostic report from everyone? This problem is happening to me too, very clearly related to some update. I had a legacy version of one password, updated my OS, onepassword freaks out, so I buy the stupid monthly "membership." Now another update to my operating system and Onepassword is on the fritz again. THE ONLY PROGRAM ON MY MAC TO GIVE ME TROUBLE. constant database backup failed popups.

and when I first reached out about the issue, I was told to log-in to twitter or the forum for help, except I couldn't because I was having issues with my PASSWORD MANAGER. Took 2 weeks for an email response. Completely ridiculous.

Here I am again, ready to leave onepassword for good if you don't sort this out. Can't have this each time Apple releases an update (now I have to create an account for this stupid forum?!)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

@bobby1: Uhh...that looks like an error from a VERY old version of 1Password -- decidedly not related to an update. I'd definitely need a diagnostics report to say for sure, but I suspect you just need to delete ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/ and restart your Mac. That's safe to do unless you're actually using 1Password 3 or older. Give that a try and let me know.

From what I'm seeing in the email conversation, the rest isn't accurate, but it does appear that your problems stem from using software we released nearly a decade ago on a current OS which is incompatible. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and frustration that's caused, but while we offered upgrades that would have helped avoid that we cannot make you use them. :blush:

ref: DXI-98853-156

This discussion has been closed.