When I try and open 1password the message come up saying 1password quit unexpectedly

Options
maberkin
maberkin
Community Member

After I type in the password I get the error message:

1Password quit unexpectedly.
Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My one password will not open. Message comes up "quit unexpectedly".

Comments

• JCurtiss
    JCurtiss
    Community Member
    Options

Mine did the same thing today. It's been working fine.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@maberkin - I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you please send in the crash reports to us? Apple will ask you for a report when something crashes, but when you re-launch 1Password, you'll see another message -- which is from us -- asking you to send in the crash logs. Please do that, and send the logs to us. We'll take a look and see what we can find.

• lmgreen
    lmgreen
    Community Member
    Options

Send to what address.?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lmgreen - just use the submission tool that pops up. You don't need to worry about manually addressing emails. When a crash occurs, you will get two offers to send -- the first will be immediately after the crash, from Apple, and it will mention sending info to Apple. You can send that or not, as you like. Our crash reporting tool will not launch until the next time you open 1Password -- so please re-open it, and you'll see everything you need there.

• lmgreen
    lmgreen
    Community Member
    Options

That did not happen
    Is it safe to put the report here?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lmgreen - it's best not to. At this point, I'd like you to wait until it happens again, then send us the logs directly via the pop-up, and let us know in this thread what name you sent under. Thanks.

• lmgreen
    lmgreen
    Community Member
    Options

That did not happen
    Is it safe to put the report here? OK

Not sure how to send log directly as program is wiped from screen and attached is all that I see.
    I made it smaller and with data hidden

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lmgreen - right. That's the prompt to send to Apple. It will appear immediately on crash (or it should). When you next re-launch 1Password for Mac, it should give you the pop-up that's from/by US, not the above one that mentions Apple.

This discussion has been closed.