All vaults is empty even though nonempty vaults are selected as "Show in All Vaults"

Options
jrshoch
jrshoch
Community Member

Hello,

I was recently receiving "Duplicated password" warnings from 1Password on every account. I realized this is because I recently subscribed to 1Password, and so had vaults from my 1Password account, as well as my old Dropbox-synced vault. I originally kept the Dropbox-synced vault to be conservative, but have had issues with creating logins in the wrong vault, and now with these spurious duplicate password warnings, I decided it was time to remove the old vault.

I wasn't allowed to delete my Primary vault, so I ended up resetting 1Password completely and logging in to my 1Password account so that I would only have my 1Password account items, and nothing from my old vault/Dropbox sync.

That all worked great, but now my "All vaults" is appearing empty. If I manually switch to a specific vault, either by clicking or using the Command+1, Command+2, etc shortcuts, I have plenty of items, but "All Vaults" is empty, both in 1Password main in mini.

I double-checked my preferences, and both of the non-empty vaults are checked under Preferences > Vaults > Show in All Vaults.

Is this a bug? I'd love to have search results who up right away and not have to switch to specific vaults.

Thank you,
Jason

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.4
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:All vaults is empty even though nonempty vaults are selected as "Show in All Vaults"

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jrshoch - I'm sorry for the trouble!

I originally kept the Dropbox-synced vault to be conservative, but have had issues with creating logins in the wrong vault, and now with these spurious duplicate password warnings, I decided it was time to remove the old vault.

Indeed, this is why we recommend you delete the Primary vault after moving, and even include a function to do it for you automatically as part of the migration. Leaving an identical (at first...) copy of your data in two places is a recipe for confusion.

What you're experiencing is indeed a bug. Please use the command ⇧⌘⌥^L to lock 1Password, then unlock it again with your Master Password. If that doesn't work, Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and re-open it. Let me know how that works for you.

By the way, you can remove Primary vault by visiting Preferences > Advanced and UN-checking the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." :)

This discussion has been closed.