Different item counts on different Macs

Comments

• Eehee
    Eehee
    Community Member

I would like to know if I can download a previous version of 1Password. I use this on several platforms. I would like to download 1Password6 to use the same version on all machines. My 1Password software on my workstation shows 507 items, but 1Password7 on my macbook shows only 198?????

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Eehee - I'm sorry for the trouble! If you've got item counts that are that different on your devices, the problem isn't that you're using two different versions of 1Password, it's that you're not syncing your data using the same method/location. Version 7 will sync just fine with version 6 using either a 1password.com membership (account), or either Dropbox or iCloud, so if the item count is that far off, something else is wrong.

Can you please look in both devices at Preferences > Sync and tell me what each of your vaults is using for sync, on both devices?

• Eehee
    Eehee
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I have resolved the issue for now by downgrading to version 6. When I have some time I will purchase a stand-alone version 7 iicence. My understanding is that with a version 7 license, I can use it on my three Macs and two iOS devices using a single key. Is that correct?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Eehee - not quite. A 1Password 7 for Mac license can be used by you on as many Macs as you personally own/use. But 1Password 7 for Mac licenses are not needed for and do not work in 1Password for iOS. The basic features of 1Password for iOS are free for all users, and there is a $9.99 in-app purchase to unlock the Pro Features, if you want those. As with all software sold via the App Store, it too can be installed on as many iOS devices as you own that are signed in using the same Apple ID.

This discussion has been closed.