Email Issue On Microsoft Sign In

ryansebiz
ryansebiz
Community Member
edited November 2018 in Mac

Hey 1P team,

I'm unable to get 1Password to fill in my email address on Microsoft's sign in page in Safari 12 - here are my steps to reproduce:

1. Go to https://login.live.com
  2. Click the 1Password toolbar icon
  3. Click my Microsoft login
  4. Nothing happens (i.e. 1Password does not fill in my Microsoft email address)

After manually typing my Microsoft email 1Password does successfully fill in my Microsoft password.

Can you please take a look? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1Password Family Account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ryansebiz - yep, we've got a bug in filling Microsoft pages on the Mac in Safari. Try changing both "username" to "login" for the field name and type to "email". I have no idea why this works, but it seems to.

ref: apple-2400

• ryansebiz
    ryansebiz
    Community Member

@Lars Thanks for your reply. I:
    1. Opened 1Password
    2. Went to my Microsoft login
    3. Clicked Edit
    4. Clicked View Saved Form Details
    5. Changed the label above my email address to "login"
    6. The "Email" dropdown to the right was already set to "Email"

I'm still having the same issue. Am I missing something? Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ryansebiz - no, you're not missing anything. We've had some luck with the method I described, but it wasn't perfect and was a workaround at best anyway. Until we can address it properly, you're going to have to use copy/paste, just like we all are. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

• ryansebiz
    ryansebiz
    Community Member

OK thanks - just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. I look forward to a hopeful resolution of the Microsoft bug.

Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ryansebiz - me too. :) Keep an eye on release notes, things usually get listed in there (though for individual site fixes they may not). But as long as you update 1Password regularly, you'll get any changes quickly. Cheers! :)

• jderosa
    jderosa
    Community Member

Has there been an update to this? I'm on 7.2.5 and it still doesn't work reliably for me. I also don't seem to have the ability to change "username" to "login" at all.

• Hi @jderosa

Nothing to report yet. It appears to only affect Safari so as a workaround you may want to try a different web browser.

I also don't seem to have the ability to change "username" to "login" at all.

I'm not sure I follow. Could you please elaborate?

Ben

• jderosa
    jderosa
    Community Member

How does one change "username" to "login" as instructed above? I do not seem to have that ability. Double-clicking on "username" does nothing. There is no "username" label under Web Form Details. I don't see how one would edit this label.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jderosa - you would need to put the Login item into Edit mode (up at the top of the record) first, then click View Saved Form Details, and you'll be able to edit.

• jderosa
    jderosa
    Community Member

Yes, I'm in edit mode. There are no labels for any of the fields, which is why I didn't see that there was an editable field there.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jderosa - what version of 1Password are you running? Something like this should be what you see, and it should indeed be editable:

• jderosa
    jderosa
    Community Member

That's what I do see, however there were no labels on any of the fields, so it wasn't apparent that there was a "label" field above each entry.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jderosa - so...did you add one? Or edit it? Did that work for you?

• jderosa
    jderosa
    Community Member

I added it. It worked once, not a second time. It seems that Microsoft has different login screens for different apps/domains. I'll see if this works more reliably than previously or not over the next few days.

• Thanks for the update @jderosa. Please keep us informed.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.