How do I move back to syncing with iCloud from trial 1Password account on OSX and IOS devices

nomdeline
nomdeline
Community Member

Discovered you had released v7 when trying to work our why IOS app had stopped syncing with OSX version. downloaded and set up trial subscription. How do I purchase stand alone version and revert back to suycincing via ICloud at end of trail

1Password Version: iOS v7.2.2 OSX v7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:How do I move back to syncing with iCloud from trial 1Password account on OSX and IOS devices

Comments

• nomdeline
    nomdeline
    Community Member

Hello?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nomdeline - I'm sorry for the confusion. If you downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store, you won't be able to purchase a standalone license, because the Mac App Store version is 1password.com membership-only as of version 7. If you want the standalone license option, you'll need to Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then delete it. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash. Next, visit our downloads page and download our version and install it. When you launch it, everything will be the same as the Mac App Store version of 1Password 7 for Mac.

From there, you can transfer your data back from the 1password.com vaults into your standalone vaults, and finally visit Preferences > Accounts and sign out of your 1password.com account. When you do that, your data will become Read Only -- you'll see a badge to that effect in all of your items. Just click the badge, and you'll see the purchase options screen. Make sure to choose the license purchase option:

Clicking that will take you to our FastSpring store, where you'll be able to purchase a standalone license at the "launch special" pricing of $49.99, over 23% off the full retail price of $64.99. Hope that helps! :)

• nomdeline
    nomdeline
    Community Member

Thank you Lars. I'll give it a try. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nomdeline - sounds good! Let me know if you hit any snags or have follow-up questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.