Stuck in a password loop

MungoBBQ
MungoBBQ
Community Member

I've got a new computer and I'm trying to install 7.x after being on 6.x on my old computer. So I have all my passwords stored in Dropbox, in a .agilekeychain file. When I try to import this into my 7.2.7 installation, I get stuck in a loop asking me for my "keychain password", "Please enter your Keychain Password to finish importing your information."

No matter what I enter or how many times I enter my password, the same window pops up. There is only a "Continue import" button, no cancel, so I have to force quit 1Password to get out.

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @MungoBBQ! I'm sorry for the trouble. We formally retired the older (10+ years now!) Agile Keychain format, in 1Password 7 for Mac. That means you won't be able to use it to sync your data, but you should be able to import it. Can you tell me what steps specifically you've been taking in 1Password 7 for Mac? Where did you download 1Password 7 for Mac from (us or the Mac App Store)? And once you installed it, what steps did you take? Thanks.

• MungoBBQ
    MungoBBQ
    Community Member

Hi there @Lars.

Today it works for some reason. Same steps as before, but now it imports just fine. Weird. Sorry for the confusion.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@MungoBBQ - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I could help you get things squared away, but if the problem righted itself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a direct hand in it or not.

Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

This discussion has been closed.