What are Related Passwords? (1Password 7 Version 7.2.3.BETA-1 (70203001))

mirv
mirv
Community Member
edited November 2018 in Mac

In the Safari extension, when I have several login ids for the current site, I get a list showing some of the accounts and then a "Related Passwords" category showing some other ones. In this screen shot, the Related one is actually my password that I use most frequently. Not sure why there would be a separate category, but it seems like the most likely choice should be towards the top of the list. What is the rationale here?

On a related subject (heh), is there a way to get the "Password" entry types not to show up in the extension? Or at least maybe to just show the most recent one rather than the entire history of all passwords I have ever had for this site? Seems like you'd want just the common relevant info to pop up at his point.

Usual apologies in case this has been asked and answered somewhere else. And happy thanksgiving to all at 1Password!

Mark

1Password Version: 7.2.3.BETA-1
Extension Version: 7.2.3.BETA-0
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2 Beta (18C48a)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mirv - excellent question! The most likely explanation for the discrepancy would be differences in the actual saved URL. Go to the main 1Password window and search on "myuofmhealth" -- that should list them all. Compare URLs -- are there more than one on some of the records but only one on others? Which record is in the "top spot" (i.e. - the main URL)? And are they prepended by "www" or something else?

Regarding browser display, on any items you want to NOT display in the browser as a suggestion, click Edit, scroll down, and under the heading "Display," you'll find options there for 'suggest in browser" or "never suggest in browser." That should get you where you want to be.

Apologies for the delay in our reply, and I hope your Thanksgiving was good as well. :)

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

@Lars - All of my other family members' entries have a full, long URL, like https://www.myuofmhealth.org/blah, and mine is just https://myuofmhealth.org. The actual login URL seems to be the .../blah one, so I think that is the explanation. I think I will change them all to be the same so at least they will appear in the same section in the browser. Good to know that I can munge this myself.

As far as the "Password" entries appearing in the browser as suggestions, those don't seem to have the Display heading when you edit them. See attached screen shot (credit cards redacted...).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mirv - sorry for the delay in my response. Yes, a couple of categories don't have the option to never display, and Passwords is one of them. There are changes coming to the 1Password 7 for Mac mini in an upcoming release which should address some of that, but I don't have anything to announce regarding that just now.

This discussion has been closed.