Cancelled credit cards keep showing up in the Chrome browser extension

acmd
acmd
Community Member

I am using 7.2.2. I have a list of credit cards that come up when the 1Password Chrome extension is opened, even though I only use one card. The others are either expired or cancelled or are active but not relevant. I want the details of each card saved, as opposed to just deleting the cancelled cards. How can I have only one current active credit card listed on the browser extension? In the older version, there was an option to never display or always display but I can't seem to find that in this new version.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 1.12.3
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:credit card

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@acmd - sorry for the delay in our response. You can find that option in the Edit menu of each item -- click Edit on any item you don't want to appear in the browser, then scroll down and under Display, you'll find options to Suggest or Never Suggest the item in a browser.

Another potential option for you would be to create a new vault and call it something like "Archives" -- then move any items you want to keep a record of but don't actively use (deleted Login items, expired Credit Cards, etc) over into that Archives vault, and set that vault to not display in All Vaults, in 1Password for Mac's Preferences > Vaults. Hope that helps! :)

• acmd
    acmd
    Community Member

Doesn't work. The Never Suggest the item in a browser is selected for all these cards but you can only get to that field by opening the app directly, it's not an option from the browser extension. When you click on edit from the extension, a 1Password web page opens where you can edit the field but there is no display option there.

• acmd
    acmd
    Community Member

I like the idea of an archived vault, which I made and moved the expired credit cards to, but I still have several credit cards that display in the browser extension where I really only want 1 card to display. How can I achieve that? Thanks for your help!

• JeremyRhoades
    JeremyRhoades
    Community Member

I believe the functionality of "never suggest" is a little different in that if you drill down to your Credit Cards from the extension it'll still list it as it's not "suggesting" but showing the full list.

Could you confirm that those other cards still listing are in the archived vault with the ones that have cleared out? If that vault is not displaying in All Vaults and those cards have been moved then I can't think of any other reason why they'd be showing up. Perhaps they were copied to the other vault rather than moved?

• acmd
    acmd
    Community Member

I'm not really sure what you are saying but let me try to clear this up.

I created an archived vault and moved all the cancelled cards in it yet they still are on the list under "Fill Credit Cards" in the browser extension. Under preferences I have 2 vaults: Personal and Archived. The following settings are selected:
    Always open to: Personal
    Show in all vaults: Personal is checked, Archived is not.
    Vault for saving: Personal

So there is no option to select Never Display in the edit menu of any credit card entry from the browser extension but there is in the edit menu directly in the app, however, every cancelled credit card had Never Display in the browser selected and every one of them was still displayed, even after moving them to an archived vault that was selected to not display. So far, everything that you all suggested is either not possible or doesn't work, which is a major disappointment with this application that is my go to password app on all my devices. I wish it could be fixed.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@acmd - apologies for the confusion; I should have made clear that kind of editing must be done from the main 1Password app.

I still have several credit cards that display in the browser extension where I really only want 1 card to display. How can I achieve that? Thanks for your help!

Did you switch each one to "never suggest in browser?" If you do that, they will not appear in "Suggested Items" in the browser pop-up (mini).

If you're referring to items being available in the sidebar, then yes -- that's how the mini is designed. If you click a category there, you'll see whatever's available for the selected vault.

• acmd
    acmd
    Community Member

I did switch each one to never suggest in the browser (from the app) but yet they are still listed in the suggested items in the browser pop up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@acmd - ahhh, in reviewing your original post, I see you've listed 1.12.3 as your extension version. That means you installed 1Password X, not the version of 1Password extension that accompanies your local 1Password for Mac app. Try uninstalling 1Password X (or disabling it) and installing the version designed to go with your app instead.

• acmd
    acmd
    Community Member

That fixed it! Thanks a million. What is 1Password X anyway?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@acmd - 1Password X is a new type of extension that we were able to build for 1Password.com accounts.

In standalone 1Password, you store your data locally on your own Mac or PC, so in order to fill and save data in your browser, the 1Password extension you install in your browser must act as a conduit between the local 1Password app and your browser. That's what I just had you install in my last post.

With 1Password.com accounts, however, your data resides on the 1Password.com servers, so if you're in a setup where you either can't or don't want to install the native 1Password app (such as on a Linux computer, for which we have no native application), you can install 1Password X, and it can communicate directly and securely with your data on the 1Password.com servers, instead of with data in a local 1Password app. We have versions for both Firefox and Chrome, and they work great...but not if you're expecting to use them with the local app you have installed. For that, you need the older-style of extension. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.