when I open 1Password and a webpage asking for a password, 1Password doesn't show that webpage

pennink
pennink
Community Member

When I open a webpage that asks for a password saved on 1Password, 1Password has stopped showing that password automatically and I have to scroll through the vault to find it. I haven't changed any preference settings.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.8.9
OS Version: OS 10.14.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:not synching on safari

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pennink: Sorry to hear that! Can you tell me the website URL where you're having that issue, and the URL you have saved in the Login item in 1Password? Also, what web browser and extension versions are you using there? Thanks in advance!

• pennink
    pennink
    Community Member

Thank you! It has stopped working with all websites that I have saved passwords for. I'm using Safari 12.0.1. I notice that 1Password extension has gone missing from Safari extensions. Perhaps I need to reinstall that? I can only find a way to install 1Password 7......

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pennink: Apple has changed some things in Safari and the old extension (and therefore 1Password 6) won't work there much longer. But you can try to install the extension from Apple's gallery:

https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C

Please note that Apple will not be accepting updates to that, and will be closing down the gallery going forward. So this will not work anymore. Let me know how it goes.

• pennink
    pennink
    Community Member

Brilliant - thanks very much! It works now. I wonder if this is Apple at work or 1Password who want to transfer customers to a subscription service.........

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure what you mean by the rest, but glad to hear my suggestion helped. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.