how do i get 1password x sub-domain matching to select the right login?

13»

Comments

• EdwinemEdwinem
    Community Member

@removetheads Actually, the Windows browser extension also doesn't match properly in many cases...

• MarkusZMarkusZ
    Community Member

Hello @all,

I want to vote +1 too for "Subdomain Support" :)

Thanks a lot,
    Markus

• DiSoDiSo
    Community Member

+1 for sub-domain matching to select the right login

• ThoWoThoWo
    Community Member

+1 we want to have the sub-domain matching too!

• jpwfinderjpwfinder
    Community Member

Just an additional +1 here. Even making it an option (" [_] limit to exactly these domains") would be very helpful.

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @jpwfinder / @ThoWo / @DiSo / @MarkusZ:

Thanks for your feedback on this! I've added you all to the internal discussion we have on this.

Jack

• cmouncecmounce
    Community Member
    edited July 13

Adding my +1, plus more info on my use case:

• My workplace has different staging environments on different subdomains. I have test accounts in each environment, with unique credentials for each.
    • Additionally, my workplace is transitioning to SSO for various services we use (Jira, Lucidchart, etc), and our SSO portal is on a subdomain. So when I log into Lucidchart, I get prompted with all of my test accounts. And when I try to log into a staging environment, I get prompted with my SSO login (and my other test accounts).

Overall, I really like 1Password and consider it worth the money (I have a personal/family account, and my workplace uses 1Password as well). But with subdomains recently multiplying at work, keeping my logins straight is becoming more and more of a hassle.

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @cmounce:

Thanks for your feedback. I've added you to the internal discussion I've mentioned above.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-57
    ref: IDEA-I-412

• BMSbeneBMSbene
    Community Member

+1, for our company it would also be quite vital to only show the respective subdomain-logins and a huge hassle currently. I am quite happy with 1Password, however this one is a bit of a bummer currently.

• netnothingnetnothing Member
    Community Member

+1 for sub-domain matching to select the right login

• EdwinemEdwinem
    Community Member

This thread was opened one-and-a-half years ago. In August 2021, the feature request was sent to the dev team.
    I count 40-ish votes on this discussion thread since. Is this still being actively discussed internally at 1Password a year later?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file