To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

account frozen after trial - added card to pay $2.99 - 20% as offered - now asking for $3.59! why?

Options
reece123
reece123
Community Member

why is there no private chat? why must my question be public?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:billing

Comments

• reece123
    reece123
    Community Member
    Options

why is there no private chat? why must my question be public?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @reece123

It is possible to have a private conversation with us via email by emailing sales@1password.com. That said, for any questions that can be answered publicly, this forum is going to provide a much quicker response time. Emails are currently taking a few days for a response due to the current demand whereas many forum posts are answered in less than a day.

To answer your question: that sounds like the price difference between either:

1. Paying monthly instead of annually. You only get the 20% discount if paying annually (not monthly).
    2. Tax. Tax isn't calculated until you input your billing information, as we don't have enough information about you prior to that to display your tax rate.

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• reece123
    reece123
    Community Member
    Options

do you not have a customer service phone number? just need this sorting. Forums are not the answer!

• reece123
    reece123
    Community Member
    Options

Do you not have a customer service phone number? forums are not the answer to membership and billing issues!

• reece123
    reece123
    Community Member
    Options

Do you not have a customer service phone number? forums are not the answer to membership and billing issues!

• reece123
    reece123
    Community Member
    Options

Do you not have a customer service phone number? forums are not the answer to membership and billing issues! And seemingly other questions are being responded to but not this one! I would like to subscribe but not whilst the amount offered differs to that when I complete the form

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019
    Options

@reece123: If tax is required where you are being billed, that will be applied once you enter your billing information. Prior to that, we know nothing about you, so we can't know if tax is required.

We don't have a call center, and even if we did we're not going to give out personal/payment information over the phone. That's how people get their accounts compromised, through social engineering. When you post on a public forum, there is no private option. That's why we offer the email option on our support site's contact page, which Ben also offered to you above. It looks like you did already contact us via email, and Corey replied to you weeks ago and never heard back from you. If you prefer email to forums, let's continue the conversation there.

ref: GZZ-15411-528

This discussion has been closed.