Unitl version 7 my primary vault has been in dropbox. Should I keep it there?

Migs
Migs
Community Member

Have been using Ver 6 on two iPhones, iPad, MacBookPro, iMac. Primary Vault on Dropbox. Bought family upgrade. Where should my vault be now. How do I get rid of unnecessary vaults? How do I get family to install new version 7 without sharing all my privacy and passwords?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: dropbox and agilebits
Referrer: forum-search:how to start a discussion

Comments

• Migs
    Migs
    Community Member

Also. Can I talk to someone to walk me through this please? A phone number?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @Migs

You're talking to someone right now, me!

With a family membership, your vaults should be part of your membership. 3rd-party services such as Dropbox or iCloud are no longer necessary. If you haven't yet, you can migrate your data to your new membership vaults by following our Migration Guide. Your old "Primary" vault should be deleted from one device as part of the migration process, but you might have to delete it manually from other devices. Be sure to remove it as it will only cause problems in the future if it sticks around.

As for including your family, you simply need to invite them to the membership. Doing so will provide them with their own Secret Key and have them create their own Master Password that they can use with 1Password going forward to both store their own private data and share things with the family as necessary.

• Migs
    Migs
    Community Member

Thank you very much Corey - Migrating to version 7 has been a horrible experience for me. Though I derive much use from 1Password I find it hard to recommend to the beginner. Version 6 and before were easier to get up and running and understand. Unfortunately like buying lenses for a DSLR camera, once you bought a few you are stuck with future generations of the platform for good or for bad. I hope Agilebits has made good decisions for the long run. Not having telephonic or chat support is not to my liking. At any rate, I reiterate my thanks. - Migs

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@Migs Did you manage to get everything set up? If not, I would be happy to help out further.

• Migs
    Migs
    Community Member

Everything seems to be working fine now. Again, thank you very much.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Migs - on behalf of Corey_C, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.