Compromised password is not compromised. How do I disable Watchtower?

rands
rands
Community Member

1) Received a note from a website that passwords might have been compromised.
2) Changed password.
3) Time passes. 1Password helpfully alerts me the site has been compromised. Thank you, but I already updated the password.

How do I tell Watchtower to stop RED SHOUTING at me that does not involve me changing my password again?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: Mac OS Mojave
Sync Type: iPassword Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Compromised password is not compromised. How do I disable Watchtower?

Comments

• MrRooni
    edited February 2019

Good afternoon, @rands. Nice to hear from you again. 🙂 1Password determines if a login is compromised by taking the date it was last modified and comparing it against the date the site was last known to be compromised. If we take 500px.com as a recently example, it was marked as compromised on 1550016000, or Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 7 PM EST for those of us that don't speak Unix timestamp.

If I changed my 500px password at 6:59 PM on that same date, 1Password would flag it as compromised because it was changed prior to our record of the compromise.

At this point your best bet (and I'm sorry for the inconvenience) is to change your password a second time.

• rands
    rands
    Community Member

Thanks for the response, sir. This issue does involve 500px. I received an email from 500px on Feb 12th where they stated the issue was discovered on Feb 8th. I realize we're talking about the difference of 24 hours, but for these types of security issues, I address them immediately. I take my Watchtower recommendations equally seriously, but less so if they're requiring me to do double work.

Not an urgent issue. I'm cool. 👋

(But, it'd be cool to set a tag that told "Watchtower. Ignore this password.")

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Definitely something we're considering. Thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.