Neither Safari nor FireFox extensions find the current webpage for usernamem/password

JoyceC
JoyceC
Community Member

I have tried to fill in logins for several web pages with 1P and in both Safari and Firefox it shows: Oddly enough, it was able to find this discussion page.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1P extensions do not find webpage

Comments

• JoyceC
    JoyceC
    Community Member

the extensions seem to work when the 1Password application is open and showing the site I'm trying to sign in on but otherwise mostly not. Only somewhat repeatable.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JoyceC: I'm not able to reproduce that here, but you seem to be using an old version. Things change in browsers over time, so it may be that some odd issue was introduced. Can you clarify the steps you're taking, and the browser versions you're using?

• JoyceC
    JoyceC
    Community Member

Im unto date with FF 66.0.2 and Safari 12.1. This started yesterday when I thought I was updating Safari but was updating the OS, too. I don't know whether it tried to update past the age of my Mac and messed something up there but it is strange that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And so far always when I've got 1P open on the desktop at the site I'm trying to log into.

So I'm at a website and want to log in. I click on the icon at the top bar and mostly I get the window shown above. It doesn't seem to connect with the website open tab. HA! This is the icon on the Mac bar; at least once it worked using the icon in Safari. Extensions are up to date but I'm not sure where it is showing for FireFox to try.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JoyceC,

Have you installed the 1Password extension for Firefox too? If you have and you don't see it, can you please follow the steps here and see if you can get it to show?

Once you have done that, please feel free to test it and let us know what happens in Firefox too :)

• JoyceC
    JoyceC
    Community Member

Yes, and it shows as an extension up to date. I managed to get the icon in the bar but it does nothing. Doesn't even try.

I'll be away from this computer for a week (I'll see whether it still works on my MacBook) and when I get back I can uninstall and reinstall both extensions and see whether that works.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @JoyceC, please keep us posted! If you see the same behavior in a week even after uninstall and reinstalling the extensions, please let us know and we will investigate why this is happening.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.