Can't get past the Setup screen

Options
Dave Abrahams
Dave Abrahams
Community Member

Just doing a clean install of MacOS, I downloaded 1Password a couple of times and tried to start it, then realized I had purchased under an AppleID, so I got it from the App Store. Either way, the "Setup" screen is non-responsive for me. I can click any of the buttons ("Sync using iCloud" is my preferred method) but nothing happens. What should I do?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Dave Abrahams

I apologize for the difficulty, and for the delayed reply. If you are still having trouble I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104075/cant-get-past-the-setup-screen#latest
    • Your forum username: Dave Abrahams

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Dave Abrahams
    Dave Abrahams
    Community Member
    Options

It eventually worked out. Maybe because I double-clicked on iCloud? Or, maybe because iCloud Drive finally finished syncing my vault. If it requires a double-click, though, I suggest you change that to a single because it's… unexpected.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update Dave. It doesn't require double clicking, so it may be a case that iCloud hadn't finished doing its thing yet. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.