autologin not working

Options
cboy
cboy
Community Member

Forced to update to 1password 7 on my mac today.
Already broken.
I open google chrome, load website, click 1password browser plugin and the stupid junk just says username/password.
Gone is the auto-populate.
So now I am supposed to manually copy the username and manually copy the password? How does that help me?
Is there some kind of script I need? mini is running but just not working?
I don't want to see a suggestion, I want it to populate that suggestion!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.14.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:autologin

Comments

• cboy
    cboy
    Community Member
    Options

screenshot of plugin completely missing ability to populate website login screen

• cboy
    cboy
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

settings - browser - preferences completely missing any auto populate option/choice

• Jeff Bronstein
    Jeff Bronstein
    Community Member
    Options

I will confirm the same issue with Safari. The username and password do not auto populate, I'm forced to copy each one at a time.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cboy - I'm sorry for the confusion; let's take these one-by-one.

Forced to update to 1password 7 on my mac today.

No one has been forced (at least, not by us) to upgrade. If you'd prefer to revert to whatever version you were using prior to today, you can certainly do that -- and I can give you instructions if you need help doing so. Having said that, as a security company, our recommendation is always going to be for users to keep all of their critical security software up to date, and that includes macOS, their browser(s), and 1Password.

Gone is the auto-populate.

I promise, this feature has not been removed; it's one of the main features of every version of 1Password! It sounds as if you might need to either (re)install the 1Password extension for Chrome or - more likely - your copy of 1Password 7 is in Read Only mode because it's not signed in with a 1password.com membership and you haven't purchased a standalone license for version 7. Without one or the other methods of purchasing 1Password 7 for Mac, your data will be in Read Only mode, which means you cannot add, edit or delete any data, and you can't use the browser extension to fill. To check if this is the case, look at any of your items in the main 1Password window. If you see a badge near the top right that says "Read Only," this is the case:

So, if you click the badge, you'll be taken to the Purchase Options screen where you can choose either a standalone license, or (our recommendation), a 1password.com membership:

Either one will enable full functionality of 1Password 7 for Mac. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

• cboy
    cboy
    Community Member
    Options

So after I purchased 1password from the mac application store, you change the name to 1password7 and are trying to charge me again?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cboy: I am not sure I understand what you mean, can you please clarify? 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, but if you don't want to upgrade, you can continue using 1Password 6.

• cboy
    cboy
    Community Member
    Options

My Mac Maveric OS requested that I make the update so I did the update through the Apple Mac Application link, just like every other automatic update when there is an operating system update, except 1Password then started asking for a monthly fee... I just don't understand how I PURCHASED 1Password from the Mac Applications store, only to then be asked to pay again, this time monthly for the same product with a newer version?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cboy: there is no automatic upgrade from 1Password 6 to 1Password 7, unless you had a 1Password Membership account added to the 1Password app, or installed 1Password from the Mac App Store after the upgrade.

At any rate, we can bring things back to the way they were before: please download 1Password 6 again from your Mac App Store purchase history (when you launch the Mac App Store app, click on your name in the lower left corner, locate 1Password 6 from the list, and download it from there).

Once you have made sure that 1Password 6 looks ok, you can uninstall 1Password 7 by dragging it to the Trash.

• cboy
    cboy
    Community Member
    Options

So then the purchase of 1Password from the Mac Application store was only for 1 version, and when version 7 came out, you got around it by simply renaming the application and trying to charge again? How many times do I have to pay for the same program?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cboy:

So then the purchase of 1Password from the Mac Application store was only for 1 version

Correct. If you purchase a license instead of a subscription, your license purchase allows you to use that specific version that you purchased for as long as you like. You get all the updates for that specific version, but major upgrades (for example, from version 6 to version 7), require a new license.

and when version 7 came out, you got around it by simply renaming the application and trying to charge again?

We didn't just change the name, 1Password 7 is an upgraded app. Just in version 7.0 alone, there were more than 100 between new features, improvements and bug fixes. And we added many more up to version 7.3.1, which is the current one :)

How many times do I have to pay for the same program?

That is completely up to you. If you are happy with 1Password and you think the new features would bring a benefit to your workflow, you can upgrade your license to the latest version. If, on the other hand, you are happy with the version you purchased, you can continue using that for as long as you would like.

If you want to keep up to date on all your devices, a Membership will be the best option, because you would get automatic updates (and major upgrades too), included in the price of the subscription on every device you own, without having to purchase new licenses every time a new version comes out.

In both cases, the choice is entirely up to you so you can choose the option that makes you happy :)

This discussion has been closed.