1Password Chrome extension fail

Sler
Sler
Community Member

Occasionally, perhaps once a week, when seeking to enter a user name and password via 1Password onto a page in Google Chrome, I get a screen that says "Install the 1Password extension to fill passowrds, credit cards and addresses in Google Chrome." The extension is installed and most of the time it works. It's greyed out on the Chrome menu bar. In the Google extensions menu it's on. Puzzling.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Chrome 75.0.3770.142
Referrer: forum-search:Install the 1Password extension to fill passwords, credit cards and addresses in Google Chrome

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Sier!

A background Chrome update could cause this. When this happens, is it enough to quit and relaunch Chrome for the extension to start working again?

• TheDutchGuy
    TheDutchGuy
    Community Member

Same here, restarting Chrome is not always the solution. I've had to reinstall the Chrome plugin several times. Almost every other week. I don't have this issue with Safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TheDutchGuy: if this happens again, please send us a diagnostics reports from your Mac as soon as this happens, before you try any troubleshooting activity, so we can see why this is happening to you. You can send the report to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.