Request Secure Notes obscured/hidden field type

Options

I wanted to request an obscured/hidden field type for fields in secure notes. It would basically be the same thing as password except it wouldn't have the generate new password option next to it or store the previous values.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.418
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arueth,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Indeed, we obfuscate the information you store in password field type only at the moment.

Am I right to understand that you want to store more multi-line info in hidden fields in 1Password? If you do, please share more info about your use case, as I am genuinely curious. If you are afraid that someone can see that info when they look over your shoulder, I do not think that hidden field type would help in this situation.

This is an interesting idea to consider, so please let me know. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• arueth
    arueth
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, there are a couple of things I’m trying to achieve. First is obfuscating the value in the field similar to a password where I can copy it to the clipboard without someone seeing the value. I do quite a bit of presenting and this would be useful for being able to show some data but obfuscate certain fields. Examples might be serial numbers, various tokens, license keys, recovery codes, etc. The second part is the ability to do multiline or situations other than a standard password string.

I would envision it with the same functionality as a password field except removing the generate new password button and the previous password history for the field. It would have a reveal value button and a copy to clipboard button.

Thanks,
    Aaron

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arueth,

If you do a lot of presentations, it makes a perfect sense for you. Thank you for sharing your feedback! At this point I can make no promises, but I will make sure to pass it along to my team for further consideration. Thanks again!

Let me know if you have other questions, we are always ready to help. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.