ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're most welcome :)

• rekoil
    rekoil
    Community Member
    Options

The extension works pretty well, but I have noticed that every now and again (often when returning from locking or sleeping the computer) the extension won't auto-unlock when the 1Password app does. In fact, when it is in this state, I can't even interact with the extension, I have to toggle the extension off and then back on again in Chrome for it to start syncing state with the desktop app.

Desktop app: 7.8.3.BETA-0 (70803000)
    Chrome Extension: 1Password X beta 1.25.6

• johnclay
    johnclay
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

I'm really glad to see this feature is making a return.

Unfortunately, there's a fairly inconvenient issue with the current builds - if you invoke the 1P hotkey (Command + \ ) while in-browser, it brings up the 1P macOS app UI (which is fine) but doesn't show any content relevant to the page open in the browser. It just shows a generic "microsoftedge" or "googlechrome", etc.

Desktop app: 7.8.3.BETA-0 (70803000)
    Chrome Extension: 1Password X beta 1.25.6

• drewson
    drewson
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

@johnclay I just came here to report the same thing. I couldn't find any place where it showed if this was on the roadmap or not to change, but for now I'm just training myself temporarily to have two different shortcut keys, one for the main app and one for in browser.

Edit: But for the record, thanks for the hard work on the integration, I'm liking the direction it's going and the browser plugin works so much better for filling in forms!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @rekoil ,
    If you turn the integration off in the extension's settings, then turn off the auto-lock feature and enable integration back on, do you still encounter this issue?

@johnclay and @drewson Currently the desktop app cannot function in the browser when the newer 1Password in the browser is installed, so you'll want to call 1Password in the browser (Using CMD+SHIFT+X or CMD+. ) instead of calling the desktop app''s mini (with CMD+\ ).

We are aware of the issue and hopefully support for using CMD+\ will be possible in a future update.

• ttueni
    ttueni
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I noticed when I lock 1password Beta in Safari there is no lock symbol on the 1password icon. However, in Microsoft Edge browser the lock symbol overlay shows up when I lock 1Password.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hey @ttueni ,

While Safari is a different beast and has its own 1Password extension (although it looks the same, it operates differently), when you lock it in Safari there should still be a padlock icon showing on 1Password's inline menu icon:

If you don't see the padlock icon, restart 1Password and Safari like so:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Quit Safari by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Safari, then lock 1Password and see if there's a padlock icon on top of 1Password's icon.

If you mean that you're expecting to see a padlock icon on 1Password's icon in Safari's toolbar (next to the address bar), then no, there shouldn't be a padlock icon on it and this is how it works in Safari :)

• homebrewcrew
    homebrewcrew
    Community Member
    Options

How do I unsubscribe from getting email notifications on a thread in 1Password.community?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @homebrewcrew ,

While there's no way to unsubscribe from a specific discussion, you can adjust the notifications settings in your profile:

1. Click your name/profile on the top area of the page.
    2. Click the blue dropdown icon on the top right corner and select "Edit Profile".
    3. Select "Notifications Preferences" on the left sidebar and adjust the settings as you'd like.
  • homebrewcrew
    homebrewcrew
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron Thanks!

• ttueni
    ttueni
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome :)

• ingvald
    ingvald
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Now that this feature is out of beta, I wanted to migrate to the non-beta versions on 1Password.
    But in Firefox 1Password seems to be stuck on version 1.24.1, clicking "Check for Updates" in the "Add-ons Manager" just says "No updates found". And there doesn't seem to be any "Check for Updates" feature within 1Password for Firefox.

Seems like newer versions haven't been pushed to addons.mozilla.org, but chrome.google.com/webstore seems to be at 2.0.0

What gives?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ingvald ,

The update was sent to Mozilla's store but is currently pending review for quite a while now. We're hoping it would be approved soon so that it will be available to all Firefox users. In the meantime, please feel free to keep using the beta.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• ingvald
    ingvald
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for an incredibly speedy response! Hopefully Mozilla will speed up a little too.

Awesome feature btw, keep up the good work!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @ingvald !
    Your support is much appreciate :)

• mleiphamellis
    mleiphamellis
    Community Member
    Options

Just another note of appreciation for the implementation of this feature. It was challenging to get used to it and then be without it for several months, but I really like where it landed!

• drewson
    drewson
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron , @ingvald FYI - I just got version 2.0.1 installed from the Firefox add on store.

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Could someone from Agilebits summarize where we are on this integration topic. I've been following it loosely and, at this point, feel uncertain and unclear about the correct 1P add-on version # for Firefox on a Mac computer. I'm currently using ver 4.7.5.90.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @AMCarter3 !

I'm not a staff member, but you should install the Mac desktop app v7.8.4 and the 1Password in the browser extension v2.0.1 in Firefox. Desktop integration should work with this combination. ;)

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I have desktop app v7.8.4 installed. However, my 1P Firefox extension is v4.7.5.90. What is v2.0.1? Any idea why my Add-on ver # is so much higher? I know at one point awhile ago, I did install the legacy version of the Firefox extension so I could continue with browser integration during the beta testing.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

You are using the 1Password classic extension (https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/). 1Password in the browser (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1password-x-password-manager/?src=search) is formerly known as 1Password X. You should use this to be up to date. ;)

• ag_tommy
    Options

@AMCarter3

4.7.5.90 is the Classic extension. 2.01 is the newer 1Password in the browser. If you wish to continue on the beta series, please see this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/121114/faq-grab-the-latest-1password-in-the-browser-beta#latest

Otherwise you can download the stable version here. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1password-x-password-manager/?src=search

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect. I installed v2.01 and it's working great. Thanks.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

You are welcome! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

I love the speed of the new 2.01 extension. However, I did encounter what I consider an issue that you (Agilebits) should be aware of and, in my mind, fix. The issue involves the new method for generating a complex password.

This new feature, in my view: a) is hard to locate; b) lacks any apparent way to manage letters, numbers and symbols; and c) worst of all, it forces the user to save the new password in 1Password BEFORE it is (or is not) accepted in the website account. That is not OK. I have experienced many occasions when, for some reason, a newly generated password is NOT accepted in the vendor account. If the old password has already been replaced in 1Password, the user is at a loss... and has to somehow recover the original replaced password in order to start over.

I recommend you work harder to make this feature more friendly and easy to use and, definitely, includes the ability to WAIT until the online account accepts the new password BEFORE the user replaces it in the 1Password account.

• drewson
    drewson
    Community Member
    Options

@AMCarter3 - Interesting feedback... I have the opposite experience, I think 1Password does a great job and it's easy to get a suggested / new password. However, I am in agreement on the originally replaced password thing, because it looks like a feature was removed here.

@ag_ana, @ag_tommy -- we used to be able to see previous passwords generated for a Login. What happened to that feature? Has it moved? I knew where to find it in Mini, but now it appears to be gone.

• drewson
    drewson
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I found the "Previously Used Passwords", but it seems like it's been removed from the installed app and is only available in the web app, but not the extension. Kind of hard to get to, but maybe I should report this someplace else?

This discussion has been closed.