Temporarily removing Desktop App Integration

1234568»

Comments

• nikmolnarnikmolnar
    edited March 10

I'm new to this thread, and to the forum. This morning, I had to install the 1Password extension on a new browser; the first time I've had to do this in a while. I was surprised when it asked me to sign in through the browser, even though I was already signed in on the desktop app, and was used to always signing in through the desktop app (this is one of the things I really appreciated when I first switched to 1Password).

I eventually found that the functionality I was expecting is now in the "classic" extension. I'm glad this option is still available, and was happy to see that this functionality will be (re) added to the new extension. However, it seems a bit odd that the new extension is now the default, having not yet reached feature parity with the "classic" extension. It seems like this would fit better as an opt-in beta instead of the default option.

• nickmcguirenickmcguire

Team Member

Heya @nikmolnar 👋🏼

Welcome to the forum, we're happy to have you! 🎉

I'm glad you were able to find the extension that fit what you were looking for. Both 1Password in the browser and the 1Password classic extension have their own benefits (one of those definitely being the unlock method). There's lots of helpful little things in the 1Password in the browser extension which can help as you fill your way through the internet, but if you want to wait until this feature is more widely released that's understandable.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

• @nikmolnar I agree - renaming 1Password X and making it the default makes no sense until it can do what the "Classic" extension does, aka touch id.

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Thanks for chiming in @sc181 :+1:

• Hi - Any updates on this it has been 7 months since TouchID was removed and over 4 months since it was originally planned to be returned.

• Hi @netcam !

The latest news came from @dteare on March 9th. Actually the desktop integration came to the Linux version of the app and the extension. (https://1password.community/discussion/comment/591579/#Comment_591579)

• Given that the details of this sort of integration (especially with something like TouchID) are likely to be platform- and even browser-specific, I can't see why the Linux release would be encouraging for Mac OS users.

1Password works great in Safari. Unfortunately, Safari's implementation of a single search/address bar is so bad that it's a deal breaker for me.

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Hey @Zandr ,

Progress is progress, and we're happy to see it being already available for Linux users.
    Stay tuned and check this discussion thread every now and then for more news.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file