1password 7.8 for IOS 12.4.1 troubleshooting

Options
Kongoor
Kongoor
Community Member

Hi
Today I've updated to ver. 7.8 and the app has crashed and stopped working at all on 8 Plus IOS 12.4.1.
Is it possible to roll back to 7.7.8 or how to fix the trouble?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kongoor!

We have received some reports of this, I know that our developers are looking at this already!

• lmcbride
    lmcbride
    Community Member
    Options

Crashing on launch for me too. iPhone 6 (iOS 12.5.4) upgraded 1Password to 7.8 today. Any indication of when this will be fixed? I am completely reliant on 1Password for every service that I use. I am locked out of everything until this problem is fixed.

• KANT0035
    KANT0035
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I'm experiencing the same issue, this morning (9/21/2021) after updating 1password on iphone 5s running iOS 12.5.4 it crashes upon attempting to load. I believe the current version is 7.8 as indicated above. I would reiterate that this is an extremely impactful issue as may of us rely on our phones to provide access to passwords in our manager. Please resolve......thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lmcbride, @KANT0035:

Sorry about this, I have let our developers know that you are also encountering this. Hopefully they will have an update soon. Thank you for your patience while they look into this.

ref: apple-5494

• marcmore77
    marcmore77
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing the same issue (Crashing on launch) on my iPhone 6 (iOS 12.5.4)

• jkpsmith
    jkpsmith
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

same problem here. I didnt do an update of 1password but it won't launch on Iphone 6 (ios12.4.4) Please HELP.
    I cant access any passwords and need to make airline reservations. Is there a way to access the info on the cloud if we don't have a paid 1password account?
    IF i uninstall and reinstall will I lose all of my saved passwords ?

• Hi @marcmore77:

Thanks for letting us know you're experiencing this as well. I've added you as affected to our internal issue regarding this, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this for everyone affected.

@jkpsmith:

We'll be able to discuss any potential specifics with you in your existing ticket with us.

ref: apple-5494

• jkpsmith
    jkpsmith
    Community Member
    Options

Is my app now not being supported and I need to purchase the subscription? Please just tell me so I can get access to my passwords. From other posts I am reading it looks like this is the problem. That my free password vault through the app is no longer supported? Please I am 60 yrears old and not that tech saavy. If I need a subscritption it would have been nice to know that ahead of time rather than locking me out so I couldn't at least get access to my info before the lock out.

• gorcz
    gorcz
    Community Member
    Options

@jack.platten
    I have the same issue - IOS 12.5.4

• @jkpsmith What has happened to you is an error. We have not intentionally locked anyone out, 1Password 7 still works with stand alone vaults (users with out a subscription), the specific issue is with something on iOS 12, irregardless of what type of vault you have. Our team is working on investigating why these crashes have happened and trying to figure out a way to resolve them.

@gorcz thanks for the info, I have added you to the issue tracker.

As a secondary topic / thing to note as general security advice. I would always suggest running the latest version of iOS (and any operating system) as the latest version contains security updates which older versions don't. The last time iOS 12 was updated with a security update was in June and it seems like that typically Apple releases security updates for the 3 most recent versions of iOS (currently iOS 13, 14, and 15). While I can't promise iOS 12 won't receive any additional security fixes, I would recommend updating your device to a newer version of iOS if you can, I realize some of the people are on the iPhone 6 or older, so you cannot install anything above iOS 12, but for the ones who are on the iPhone 6s or newer I would suggest updating.

• OldBucks
    OldBucks
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing the same issue (Crashing on launch) on my iPad Air using iOS 12.5.4 (the latest available for it).

• efecini
    efecini
    Community Member
    Options

It was working fine but now it doesn't open. All my passwords were in there. Please help ASAP! :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• orbesfa
    orbesfa
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem with iPhone 6 iOS 12.5.4 and 1Password 7.8

I tap the app icon, the vault appears and disappears, preventing me from entering my master password

• brank
    brank
    Community Member
    Options

@jkpsmith: Sorry to hear you can't access any of your passwords since the app won't let you get to your cloud data. Do you have a local copy of the data? I am using an offline vault so even if the app won't open, I can still access the data on a read-only viewer app built into the vault. If you're not using an offline vault, then assuming you can fix the issue, I suggest setting one up for this issue specifically.

You never know when this issue might happen again or if the cloud fails for whatever reason. Servers crash. I'm sure Agilebits has backups but if the backups take a week to restore and get the cloud servers back online, that doesn't help you book a flight immediately.

• nacnud12
    nacnud12
    Community Member
    Options

As above. I'm using iOS 12.5.4 on iPad. 1Password v7.8.
    I tap the icon and the app crashes, I don't get the chance to enter the master password.

• a_m_burn
    a_m_burn
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Yes same here. I've just updated the app and now when I click on the icon to open the app, it loads for about a second and then closes. I'm also on iphone 6 IOS 12.5.4

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have merged a few more comments into the same thread, just in case you missed the discussion above :+1:

• dvb
    dvb
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, it crashes with iOS 12.5.4

• a_m_burn
    a_m_burn
    Community Member
    Options

I don't suppose anyone knows when this might be fixed? I guess if you knew, then you'd know what the problem is.

• jkpsmith
    jkpsmith
    Community Member
    Options

@brank I do not think I have a local copy. How would go about doing that? I don't know about the off-line vault vs online vault. All i know is I downloaded the 1password app and use that to store my info. I do not have a paid subsription with them. How can i tell if there is a 'read only viewer app'? and how would I go about setting this up for future use? Sorry I am old and not very tech savvy. haha

• Hi all,

Just following back up on this. The development team is working on a fix and hopes to submit an update to Apple for review soon.

Jack

• tho_966
    tho_966
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 7.8 also crashes on my iPhone6 with iOS 12.5.4.

• I heard from @ag_kevin today that his team has narrowed down the problem to a missing symbol in iOS 12. They're preparing an emergency fix and with any luck will get through review quickly. 🤞🏼

++dave;
    1Password Founder

• dnkrupinski
    dnkrupinski
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here: Using iPhone 6 plus with iOS 12.5.4. App is crashing on start-up.
    No problems on Android so far.

• dbadev
    dbadev
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Dave! Have the same issue with iPad Air (first generation) running iOS 12.5.4 and the new 1Password 7.8 which automatically installed today. Tried restarting, and then removing and re-installing 1Password app and still get the same condition.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dnkrupinski, @dbadev:

Thank you both for sharing your experience. I see that the developers have submitted an internal fix, so hopefully this should make it into an update soon :+1:

• PatHattrick
    PatHattrick
    Community Member
    Options

Depuis la mise à jour de 1Password avec la version 7.8, effectuée hier 22 septembre 2021, sur mon iPhone 5S avec iOS 12.5.4, l’app ne fonctionne plus du tout ! Elle ”crashe” dès qu’on essaie de l’ouvrir. Donc, pour le moment, cette app que j’ai payée ne me sert à rien !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PatHattrick:

Sorry for the trouble! Since you are using iOS 12, please see my previous comment: our developers submitted an internal fix, so this should be sorted out soon:+1:

• popbinge
    popbinge
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - Same issue for me on 12.5.4.... will keep an eye on this thread... Thanks for pushing this forward :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @popbinge, and thank you for the report as well!

This discussion has been closed.