Clicking "Open 1Password" from the Extension Icon in Safari has no effect

HFTobeason
HFTobeason
Community Member

Clicking "Open 1Password" from the Extension Icon in Safari has no effect. Same problem from the in-line icon. I can click all day, but nothing happens.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.2.2
Extension Version: 1Password for Safari 2.1.2
OS Version: macOS 12.0 Beta (21A5534d)

Comments

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

This problem continues to plague me - and it's not just as above - right now, for example, clicking the browser extension icon does pop up a list of relevant logins, but no amount of clicking on "autofill" has any effect. I've quit/relaunched Safari, but that isn't helping either. I guess I'll try totally quitting 1P next.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Here we go again - nothing I do will get 1P for Safari to react.

Example Screen Movie

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2021

Hi @HFTobeason, I'm very sorry to hear of this issue. Let's do a quick test to narrow down what the problem might be. Can you try the following? 👇

1. Open the main 1Password window.
    2. Press Ctrl-Opt-Cmd-Q to quit.
    3. Quit any browsers.
    4. Re-open both and retry.

This sounds like a code validation issue some customers have seen recently, and this test should give us a good first indication whether that's what you've encountered here. I'll look forward to learning how this goes for you!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#713

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply.

1. Do you mean open the 1P application? Or some other "window"?
    2. Opening the application and then pressing Ctrl-Opt-Cmd-Q has no effect whatsoever.

Please advise. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HFTobeason:

Can you please try just Opt-Cmd-Q instead, in the main 1Password app?

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

No joy. The only key combo that does anything "Quit"-related is Cmd-Q, which quits, obviously. And I don't think I have any overriding key combos active - there's nothing in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts, and I can't think of anything else.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HFTobeason:

Do you see 1Password mini running in your menu bar at the top of the screen? If the keyboard shortcut does not work for you, you can right-click on it and select Quit from there.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Yes, the 1P Mini icon is in the Menu Bar - and always is. And right-clicking on it does offer "Quit". Which I've now done. I'll quit this browser next and report back. Thanks.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Yes, 1P in Safari is now - apparently - working as expected. If the past couple of weeks using 1P v8 and 1P for Safari v2.1.3 are any indication, this state of bliss ain't gonna last too long...

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

As predicted, the good times didn't last long...

Right now, I cannot get the 1P for Safari pop-up to react at all to clicks, nor will the extension menu react to clicks.

The web site in question is https://secure.verizon.com/vzauth/UI/Login

These are screenshots of the pop-up and the extension menu - clicks on any of the offered options do nothing at all.

• fbara
    fbara
    Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem. This was all working as expected with 1P v7.

• macOS v12.0.1
    • 1P for Mac v8.4.0
This discussion has been closed.