Having problems logging into account with 1Password 8 (Beta) for Mac

darwinmac
darwinmac
Community Member

I decided to try the 1Password 8 beta today to try to get accustomed to any differences before it's released. Unfortunately, my credentials (email, secret key, and master password) are not accepted by the 1Password 8 beta. I was sure I had to be typing in my information incorrectly. However, I can use the same information to log onto my.1password.com using Safari so I'm confused now.

I'm using macOS Monterey 12.1 on an M1 MacBook Air.

I'm able to use 1Password 7.9.2 successfully on my Mac.

What's the obvious thing I'm missing in order to actually start using 1Password 8? I do have two factor authorization set on my 1Password account if that makes a difference.

Bob Carpenter

Comments

• Hello @darwinmac! 👋

Thank you for trying the 1Password 8 for Mac beta! I'm sorry to hear that you've having trouble adding your account to the app. Can you please try these alternate steps to add your account:

1. In your browser, sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click your name in the top right and choose Get the Apps.
    3. Click "Add your account directly" and allow your browser to open 1Password. You'll see your account details in the app.
    4. Enter your 1Password account password and click Sign In.

Let me know if that helps. :)

• darwinmac
    darwinmac
    Community Member

@Dave_1P - I'm very pleasantly surprised that you would be the person to answer my question. I assumed it would be one of your support gurus.

I did try all the alternate steps. I did have to trash 1Password 7 so the browser would open 1Password 8 instead of 1Password 7. When I did "Add your account directly" and it opened 1Password 7, the password was accepted. I was told the account was already added (which is correct and not a surprise).

Unfortunately, I get the same error from 1Password 8 when I attempt to login:
    We weren't able to sign in to your account.
    Maybe there's a typo? Check your sign-in details and try again (with a button for "Update details")

When I click on "Update details", I see my correct secret key and email address. The prompt allows me to see my master password and confirm that I have entered it correctly. When I enter my master password from "Update details" and click Next, I receive the same error message as I received in 1Password 8 when I tried to add the account manually.

Bob C

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2022

@darwinmac If you're referring to our founder Dave then I'm sad to say that I'm not him. I'm another Dave here at 1Password, one of the "support gurus" that you mentioned. :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to add your account to the 1Password for Mac beta. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

• Open 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and select Send Diagnostics

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• darwinmac
    darwinmac
    Community Member

Dave,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Here's the BitBot support ID number: [#SHP-82396-397]. Hopefully, the diagnostics report will have some useful information for you.

Bob C

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2022

@darwinmac

I sent you a reply.

ref: SHP-82396-397

• darwinmac
    darwinmac
    Community Member

I received the reply. I look forward to a future update to 1Password 8 that resolves my problem.

Bob C

This discussion has been closed.