iOS/iPad OS Safari Extension Issues

byndpass
byndpass
Community Member

Is there a status update or solutions proposed for the following iOS/iPad OS Safari Extension issues:

1. While the Magic Keyboard is attached to an iPad, selecting Settings launches a new blank tab instead of redirecting to the app. Settings only successfully launches if the keyboard is disconnected. This was originally documented in this thread.
  2. The Safari extension does not respect the reauthorization settings specified in the main app, as mentioned in this thread (e.g. despite selecting 2 weeks, the extension prompts for master password randomly after closing of Safari or locking of the iPad/iPhone). Also, Face ID is not an allowable means of reauthorization—only the master password.
  3. The extension references all accounts rather than respecting collections specified in the main app. Not sure if this is a bug or just a feature that still hasn't been implemented.

Any information on the above would be appreciated. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @byndpass

1. Remains open. I'm afraid I don't know the status.
    2. See the other thread. I posted there. tl;dr Try 1 week and see if it helps as a workaround for now.
    3. The extension does not have the ability to use collections at this time. I would love to see us improve on this myself.

ref: dev/core/core#9873
    ref: dev/core/core#17626
    ref: dev/core/core#10017

• byndpass
    byndpass
    Community Member

@ag_tommy thanks for the update.

• @byndpass

I'm happy that Tommy was able to help. 🙂

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member

I’m also keenly following the status of these issues which collectively have gone a long way towards crippling the Safari extension, for me the key function of 1Password on iOS/iPadOS.

• byndpass
    byndpass
    Community Member

@ag_tommy, regarding #2 above, changing to 1 week doesn’t seem to have any different effect than 2 weeks.

• @hegguardo

Hopefully we'll have good news to share in the future, stayed tuned to our release notes: 1Password Releases

@byndpass

I'm sorry to hear that the workaround didn't help. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• afshirazi
    afshirazi
    Community Member

Since updating to 1Password 8 on my iphone & iPad, neither will auto fill any in my vault.
    Really sorry I updated.

Any timeline in resolving this very key issue?

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member

Re issue #2, the 1 week ‘fix’ appears to have been broken by the latest iOS/iPadOS update, Version 8.9.6… anyone else experiencing the same?! It feel like one step forward and two steps back with everything 1P do right now 😒

• Zenek73
    Zenek73
    Community Member

My Safari extension also locks after creating new tab or sth like that. So for sure not after hours and especially after days how we can set in settings...
    Any news about workaround/fix?

• Zenek73
    Zenek73
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Ok i have oan idea!
    Maybe instead of using 25characters master password which I have to type every 15 minutes I should create 5 characters long one?
    1Password was created to simplify my life- wasn't it?

• Hello folks,

1Password for iOS/iPadOS 8.9.7 was just released and brings back biometric unlock to 1Password for Safari:

You can now use Face ID and Touch ID to unlock 1Password in Safari after updating to iOS 16.1 or later. #17988

I recommend that you update using the App Store. Once you've updated to the latest version that brings biometric unlock back to 1Password for Safari the "timer" issue will be resolved as well. You can find our guide on how to update here: How to keep 1Password up to date

You'll also need to update to iOS / iPadOS 16.1 or later: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (CA)

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding while the team worked to resolve this issue. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.