1Password 8 won't start on my wife's account on our Mac.

Options
b0ne5
b0ne5
Community Member

When I click the icon it just bounces once, nothing else happens. I've tried restarting, still the same problem. Works fine on my account and was working fine on my wife's until a few days ago.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Big Sure 11.5.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 8 won't start on one mac account

Comments

• Hello @b0ne5! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that the 1Password for Mac app isn't opening on your wife's account. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your wife's account on your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• b0ne5
    b0ne5
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave

Kind of fallen at the 1st hurdle here, in that I can't open 1Password to get the diagnostic report. When I try to start it, I get a message saying 'The application "1Password" can't be opened.' with the number 6 below it.

• @b0ne5

Ah, that's my fault and I'm sorry for providing the wrong instructions. Can you try to open 1Password again and reproduce the issue one more time? Afterwards, follow these steps to send us the logs from 1Password:

1. Open Finder.
    2. Click Go in the menubar at the top of the screen.
    3. Click Go To Folder...
    4. In the new pop-up that appears paste: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data and then press return on your keyboard.
    5. Right-click on the folder titled logs and select Compress "logs".
    6. Attach the newly created logs.zip file to your reply.

Then send the email to support+forum@1password.com following the instructions in my previous post. Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.