Apple Watch unlock intermittently not working

Options
System
edited July 2023 in Apple Watch
This discussion was created from comments split from: Inconsistent Apple Watch unlock.

Comments

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I can attest that this problem happens ALL THE TIME no matter if the Mac has gone to sleep or not, and has been raised by numerous people on this forum.

I also raised this and received a response stating that it was a known issue and then...NOTHING.

This was probably 9 months ago and yet the problem continues.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Bakj

I'm sorry that you're having trouble unlocking 1Password using your Apple Watch. The issue being discussed in this thread is due to to an issue in macOS that our developers have reported to Apple.

If you're running into the issue even when your Mac isn't falling asleep then you might be running into a different issue. Did you open a support ticket over email? Or did your report the issue here on the forums? Can you tell me the following:

1. What version of 1Password for Mac are you currently using?
    2. When you're not able to unlock 1Password using your Apple Watch, are you still able to unlock macOS system prompts? The next time that the issue occurs can you try this troubleshooting test:

Test steps:

1. Click on the  in the menu bar.
    2. Click System Settings.
    3. Click Privacy & Security.
    4. Click Advanced.
    5. As a temporary troubleshooting step, turn on "Log out automatically after inactivity".
    6. You'll now see a macOS system prompt asking you to confirm the action. You should receive a double-tap notification on your Apple Watch.

Are you able to use the Apple Watch to authenticate the macOS system prompt? Once this test is complete you can turn off "Log out automatically after inactivity" if you wish.

-Dave

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

HI Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have not raised a ticket, only reported on the forum, as I saw this was an outstanding issue (or at least I thought). I experience the problem sporadically (not just when my computer has been asleep). After a certain time, I will check back and the problem is no longer there.

I do not have this issue with any other app, nor do I experience it when waking my Mac.

Version: 8.10.9, however I experienced this problem for some time now, regardless of the version (normal, beta, etc).

In terms of troubleshooting, yes I can receive authenticate (just like for apple pay transactions or for waking my Mac).

Thx

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Bakj

Thank you for the reply. The next time that you're unable to unlock 1Password using your Apple Watch please note the time when the issue occurs. Then, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Bakj
    Bakj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, here is the support ticket number: [#LUW-64674-261]

Thx

J

• Dave_1P
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Bakj

Thank you for posting the Support ID. Please continue the conversation in the support ticket via email. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: LUW-64674-261

This discussion has been closed.