Problem Experienced in Android, Can't get past customization screen

Options
kertcb
kertcb
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Android

Today for the first time when I signed in 1password on my Android I get the customization screen and really cannot do anything else. No home screen, cannot see all my entries, cannot search, cannot access the version number. Is it just me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @kertcb, my sincere apologies that you're running into this bug. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostic report from your Android device: Sending Diagnostic Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostic to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/143309/problem-experienced-in-android-cant-get-past-customization-screen#latest
    • Your forum username: kertcb

You should receive an automated reply from our autoresponder with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks so much!

• sailormike62
    sailormike62
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue with my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.

• kertcb
    kertcb
    Community Member
    Options

@sailormike62 below is the latest communication I sent to 1password support. They submitted the issue to the developers to work on. As you will see, a temporary workaround is turn the tablet to landscape mode.

I turned on the landscape mode and could bring up the search field and search for any of my items. I was then able to bring up the items. I was able to see All Categories, etc. When I positioned the tablet in Portrait mode, I was able to see All Items, When I did a left-to-right swipe to bring up the menu. I could not navigate to the Search screen, Home Screen, or access the Watchtower. The screen maintains the All Items view.

While I am able to navigate better after turning on the landscape and portrait options, there are many inconsistencies in getting to the different screens, no matter the mode. I also have a Samsung Android smartphone with different options at the bottom of the screen to access the home, search, items, and Watchtower with no issues.

• sailormike62
    sailormike62
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the tips. I am seeing similar issues on only one of our four android devices. I have a ticket open with support and they are working on a fix.

• hifromliz2024
    hifromliz2024
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this exact same issue on my tablet. I was told that the workaround is to hold the tablet horizontally. But that's been several weeks. When is this going to be updated?

• Hi @hifromliz2024,

While we don't have a timeframe for when this issue will be resolved, we have an issue logged with our development team for this.

Once the issue is resolved, the fix will be released in an updated version of 1Password for Android and mentioned in our release notes here: 1Password for Android Releases

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

-- Brendan