Issues with system authentication on Arch via fprint

Options
eboody
eboody
Community Member

Hello!
I'm actually having the exact same problem as the person in this discussion.

• When I lock and then attempt to unlock 1password, account password is still requested.
  • When I click on the fingerprint icon it behaves as if I was entering the wrong password (the window shakes a bit). After pressing the fingerprint icon 3 times I’m only left with the input field for my account password. The fingerprint icon being replaced by an arrow to validate the account password.

I'm on Arch Linux using hyprland, a wayland compositor. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @eboody! 👋

I'm sorry that system authentication isn't working to unlock 1Password after your device sleeps. Are you still able to use system authentication (your fingerprint) to unlock the device itself after it sleeps? If you can then can you try these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Turn off "Unlock using system authentication" in Settings > Security.
    3. Restart your device and then open and unlock 1Password again.
    4. Turn on "Unlock using system authentication".

Then put your device to sleep and try to unlock 1Password again. If the same issue occurs then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Linux)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave