Filling out 3 part login

Options
neil_laubenthal
neil_laubenthal
Community Member

How do I create or edit a login for a 3 part login that comes in two separate pages? I use Navy Federal Credit Union and have to enter an access number, userid, and password. This used to be a single 3 entry field on the main page but recently they changed their web site. On the initial login page there is only an Access Number entry; once you enter this and press continue you get a pop up within the window that has the Access number filled in an un-editable field and 2 fields labeled User ID and Password. I can't figure out how to either edit the existing entry or make a new one that properly fills out the two forms. I don't get the option to save a new login when I login since the app recognizes the existing URL so it doesn't give me an option to save a new login.

Thanks.

Comments

• EtPare
    EtPare
    Community Member
    Options

I am having problems entering a 3-line site password also. Is there a way to complete this process in version 4? Here is a link to the site requiring such a login: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/login/participantlogin.asp

• theory14
    theory14
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem with Navy Federal Credit Union. Their new process broke 1Password use. Can anyone at AgileBits look into this? I also sent a message to NFCU (logged into my account and sent the "secure message" associated with my account) and told them of the problem and asked them to fix it and work with AgileBits if needed. Not sure if that will help, but maybe if enough other people complain to them, they will help make something that works.

• neil_laubenthal
    neil_laubenthal
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

That doesn't help with NFCU at http://navyfederal.org or http://navyfcu.org. They have the access number on the fist page; I was able to create the new login for the first page and get the popup for the rest of the login. The popup comes up with access number filled in and uneditable and a UserID and Password fields. Put the correct values in for these, saved a second login, and clicked OK to login. Logged out and tried the new logins; first one works and second one fails. I looked at the saved second login and the Password field contains the access number, the Password field contains the UserID, and the login does not work. It also contains a password field under the Conflicts section with the UserID in it. I went ahead and edited the username and password fields to the correct values and saved but the saved login still does not work.

When using the modified second login; after it fails the popup comes back up with the formerly correct access code changed to the userid value; this is the correct userid value that was saved in the modified second login.

It might be possible to have 1Password just fill out the fields one at a time after selecting them and just use a total of 3 1Password entries but I don't see a way to click in a field and then choose a particular field/value from the saved 1Password entry.

Really hoping we can get this one sorted out…it's NFCU's fault as they changed what was a perfectly working login process by adding the popup and making it a two stage login.

On the other hand; NFCU says this 2 stage login process will only remain until all accounts have converted to the new login scheme when it will return to a single 3 part login on the main page. Given that the old 3 part login will probably work again then; it's just a matter of someone at Agile figuring out why the correctly entered data at the second login page gets saved incorrectly in the second saved login and why editing the second saved login still doesn't fill out the fields properly.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Neil,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

We've done some testing on the sites you listed (thanks for including them!) and it seems like the Login might work if you save as the instructions above suggest, but disable auto-submit. Now, we were testing with fake information, so we won't know for sure until you give it a try with your actual information ... but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works for you! :)

Hi @EtPare,

Let's try this:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

I was able to create a Login that worked using these steps (although clearly it returned an error because I was using fake information.) Please let me know if you have any success!

This discussion has been closed.