Export to Excel

Options
lescovorro
lescovorro
Community Member

Any idea when the ability to export my data to Excel will be available.

Comments

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

It would be great if there were a way to export directly to a password-protected .xlsx file. Much safer than plaintext tab delimited or CSV!!!

• lescovorro
    lescovorro
    Community Member
    Options

It is extremely important to be able to export to excel, even if it is a CVS file. I can always password lock the file. Now there is no way I can have a data file for for my children to open in case of my demise.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Now there is no way I can have a data file for for my children to open in case of my demise.

My wife and I keep the master passwords to our respective 1Password keychains in sealed envelopes in our safe deposit box.

If you only want your children to have access to a subset of your keychain, you should be able to use 1Password's secondary vault feature. Very solid and secure solution, although not terrifically practical for large amounts of data until Item > Share ► is fixed so that it works correctly when multiple items are selected. If your children already use 1Password, you could even share the secondary vault (up to you whether you disclose the password up front or elect to make it accessible only when you are incapacitated or gone).

See also this post on the Agilebits blog.

Just some thoughts for your consideration. I agree 100% that CSV export should be available.

• mugwump
    mugwump
    Community Member
    Options

I just discovered this was missing in 1P4 :^( Like the OP, I also want a way for my kids to get into my accounts in case I am incapacitated (or worse ;^) ). I just want to export to a text .csv file like I could do in the previous release.

Comment, AgileBits? Or better yet, a solution?

Thanks!

• mugwump
    mugwump
    Community Member
    Options

Guess what? v4.3 restored this functionality! Thanks, AgileBits - really fast response! ;^) (I probably should have updated before I posted, huh?)

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

Alas, not for me :-(

• Jasper
    Options

Glad to hear it's fixed for you, @mugwump‌! :)

And Mark, as mentioned in your other topic, there's a known issue in the Mac App Store version of 4.3 causing export not to work. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update!

This discussion has been closed.