Help Spread the Word about 1Password touch

Carl
Carl
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Are you in love with 1Password touch as much as us? Don't keep it to yourself.

Help spread the word.

The sites below allow ratings and reviews that help us tremendously.

If you would like to help spread the word about 1Password touch and/or 1Password touch Pro, all of the sites below allow reviews and ratings that really help us out.

1Password touch:

Macworld App Guide
I Use This (iPhone)
1Password touch on iTunes

1Password touch Pro:

Macworld App Guide
I Use This (iPhone)
1Password touch Pro on iTunes

Also, if you do not feel you can give 1Password touch a glowing 5 star review, we would love to hear about it here first. :)

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    I hardly ever give any software 5-star ratings because for me it means there's little or no room for improvement, which is rarely true. :)

And I think 1- and 5-star rating extremes typically tend to be the most heavily emotionally and myopically biased.
  • Carl
    Carl
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    sjk wrote:
    I hardly ever give any software 5-star ratings because for me it means there's little or no room for improvement, which is rarely true. :)

I don't really look at it the same way I guess. I am not sure I have ran across the perfect product yet. I am fairly critical myself. I was looking at my Netflix ratings and I have rated 2009 movies and have only give 64 five star reviews. (so basically 3%) Could all of these five star movies been better? Probably so.

sjk wrote:

And I think 1- and 5-star rating extremes typically tend to be the most heavily emotionally and myopically biased.

The App Store is a funny place. I agree that there is WAY too much emotion in reviews that I have read. (more so on 1 star reviews)

Personally, I don't see any point in trying to burn a product down. I've downloaded stuff from the App Store, tried it, and did not like it. I then deleted it off my device and left no rating and review. I kind of take the approach that if I don't have anything nice to say then I just won't say anything at all. (Mom method)

Conversely, if I find something I like and use and find wonderful then I take the time to rate and review it.

Frankly, more and more I find myself finding something on the App Store and then googling for "real" reviews and videos of the app. It is a lot easier to filter the noise this way. :)
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Feel free to move this off-topic discussion I started to a new thread …

Carl wrote:
    I don't really look at it the same way I guess. I am not sure I have ran across the perfect product yet.

Probably obvious that simple, one-trick-pony apps have the most potential to qualify as "perfect" for serving specific purposes -- no more, no less.

My tendency is to eschew 5-star ratings (my own and others') when accompanied by "room from improvement" commentary, while encouraging those that omit stars for specific reasons.

Maybe it's that an uncritical barrage of 5-star ratings can seem to me more a complement to developers than motivation to improve/refine their products. Of course there are different perspectives of interpretation, though. AWS gets a load of 5-star ratings yet there's no sign it's ever negatively influenced the development pace and goals one bit… more likely inspired them. :)

I like that MacUpdate and VersionTracker have multiple rating categories. Without hesitation, I give AWS a well-deserved 5-star rating in support. Still holding back a few stars for things 1P still lacks that personally matter, though it could eventually be 5-star across the board.

I am fairly critical myself.

Both in amount and with integrity. :)

I was looking at my Netflix ratings and I have rated 2009 movies and have only give 64 five star reviews. (so basically 3%) Could all of these five star movies been better? Probably so.

Ahh, movie ratings. You've gotten me curious to see yours.

Movies I have watched (kottke.org) is the public list that best reflects my own tastes and opinions.

The App Store is a funny place. I agree that there is WAY too much emotion in reviews that I have read. (more so on 1 star reviews)

I've rarely looked at App Store ratings/reviews because of the ultra-low signal-to-noise ratio. Occasionally some non-1/5-star comments will have value though it's not worth the trouble looking for 'em.

Personally, I don't see any point in trying to burn a product down. I've downloaded stuff from the App Store, tried it, and did not like it. I then deleted it off my device and left no rating and review.

So far I've only left a few ratings w/o comments.

I kind of take the approach that if I don't have anything nice to say then I just won't say anything at all. (Mom method)

Conversely, if I find something I like and use and find wonderful then I take the time to rate and review it.

I won't hold back what's intended, and hopefully perceived, as constructive, reasoned opinions and suggestions. Preferably balanced with "what I like" comments, too. Sort of a pros/cons perspective that's hopefully of some value to someone.

Shoot me if I ever regress to only posting shallow "it sucks!" or "it rocks!" comments. ;)

Frankly, more and more I find myself finding something on the App Store and then googling for "real" reviews and videos of the app. It is a lot easier to filter the noise this way. :)

Possibly like most iPhone users I've discovered most of its software passively, e.g. noticing it mentioned on some non-Apple site. Occasionally I've actively followed App Store "customers also bought" links from software I'm using. Only once managed to stumble across something of immediate interest -- a free app that replaced another that had stopped working.

I've noticed an analogy between the amount/quality of iPhone and Windows software and my relationship to it. I can still (barely) wrap my mind around Mac OS X software that's available, but the sheer volume and diversity of quality of iPhone software quickly became overwhelming. In other words, I'm confident about my ability to quickly find decent Mac software (if it exists) but am mostly lost trying to find iPhone (or Windows, thus the analogy) software.

Okay, I'll shut up now.
  • aaronblack
    edited December 1969
    Carl wrote:
    Are you in love with 1Password touch as much as us? Don't keep it to yourself.

Help spread the word.

The sites below allow ratings and reviews that help us tremendously.

If you would like to help spread the word about 1Password touch and/or 1Password touch Pro, all of the sites below allow reviews and ratings that really help us out.

1Password touch:

Macworld App Guide
    I Use This (iPhone)
    1Password touch on iTunes

1Password touch Pro:

Macworld App Guide
    I Use This (iPhone)
    1Password touch Pro on iTunes

Also, if you do not feel you can give 1Password touch a glowing 5 star review, we would love to hear about it here first. :)

I did my bit. gavea couple of ratings on two of those sites ! (beer)
  • Suleman
    edited December 1969
    How about a FREE license for 1P Touch Pro for the iPhone for 1 or two, 5 star reviews???

(think)(angel):wink::cool:
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Suleman wrote:
    How about a FREE license for 1P Touch Pro for the iPhone for 1 or two, 5 star reviews???

I'm sorry, but we don't plan to do this. Please review our software honestly based on your own experience with it.
  • statman
    statman
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    love it...gave it 5!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2010
    I still think the App Store should just use a single star (like a Twitter favorite) or a thumbs up (like Facebook). It would be nice if no one could dislike apps, but the ones that have been liked the least (or not at all) would still stay at the bottom of the heap. Those stars are way too subjective. My two cents…
  • I got my own review site (AppInquirer.com) and am releasing a review for 1Password today :)
  • Matt M wrote:

I got my own review site (AppInquirer.com) and am releasing a review for 1Password today :)
    Hi Matt, welcome to the forums!
    Please do let us know when it is up, we'd love to read it. Also, if you need any help or have questions for your review, please do contact us at support@agile.ws or here.
  • drbones666
    drbones666
    Community Member
    All kinds of ratings but no reviews ... so I wrote one. Let's see if it passes muster for Apple's precious iTunes.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for taking the time, drbones666! :-)
This discussion has been closed.