Adding Custom Fields in Identities [This won't expand the filling capability to include custom data]

Options
royofsf
royofsf
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Any issues with adding things like passports and credit cards in the Identities section so that when I signup for a cruise or a flight, all this info is in one place and will fill out the websites's request page with one click?

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @royofsf,

1Password won't fill it in, it only fills the data from the default template fields in Identities. The 1Password extension needs to know how to map your data correctly to the field names on the site, which can differ on each site and in this case, there is no mapping established for the custom fields you add.

Technically, what you can do is save the data manually as a Login item, that'll give 1Password the mapping data it needs to associate certain data to certain fields.

• royofsf
    royofsf
    Community Member
    Options

Mike T - Thank you very much. Is that the same thing that I shoulddo ("save the data manually as a Login item") when I run into a form (ie, from a cruise ship line) that has a lot of oddball things that they ask that are not included on My Identities screen but is information that I would have to fill in every time I go on a cruise?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @royofsf‌,

Yes, we have a lot of customers who do this for daily contests as well.

This discussion has been closed.