Export data from Safari/Firefox into 1Password [Use Password Exporter add-on for Firefox]

Options
Neoram
Neoram
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hello everyone ;

Can I copy all passwords and login to 1Password from Safari ?

I 365 and copy everything is tedious when there are many.

Thank you very much for your help ..

Comments

• Neoram
    Neoram
    Community Member
    Options

Or from Firefox or other is good too ;)

• Neoram
    Neoram
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

UP !

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Neoram,

Do you mean you have data stored inside Safari/Firefox and you'd like to export them to import into 1Password?

There is a way to do this easily in Firefox but it is much more difficult for Safari. For Safari, there are a lot of restrictions placed by OS X for exporting data from the OS X's keychains, where is where Safari puts your data in.

For Firefox, install this Password Exporter add-on and use it to export your data to a CSV file.

Once you do that, open 1Password, unlock the vault you want to use, go to the File Menu > Backup to back up your current database, in case you want to undo the import.

Once you're ready, go to the File Menu > Import, and select that CSV file you created with Password Exporter. After the import, check the imported data because you should be all set by now.

If there are some issues with the CSV file, this post by Scott might help clean up the CSV file to make it a smoother process.

I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.