Not syncing with iOS or other Mac

Options
Gecko85
Gecko85
Community Member

I have 1Password for Mac (ver 4.4) on my iMac, and on my MacBook Pro (also ver 4.4). Both were purchased from your web store (not the App Store). Both are set to iCloud sync.

The MacBook Pro has 1338 items. The iMac has 1332. If I add an item on the iMac, it doesn't show up on the MBP, and vice-versa.

I also have version 4.5.1 for iOS on an iPad and iPhone. Both have 1340 items. They sync with each other but no longer with the Macs.

Some history:

I was previously using Dropbox sync, but had similar issues. My devices were not in sync. I ultimately did the following:

1. Decided my iPhone was the most up to date (manually added a few items that were on the Macs but not iOS...)
  2. Disabled sync on all devices. Deleted the folder in Dropbox, and waited for it to update all devices.
  3. Deleted the vault on both Macs and the iPad. So, at this point, only iPhone had any data.
  4. Turned on iCloud sync on iPhone, and waited for it to sync.
  5. Turned on iCloud sync on all other devices, one at a time. Each detected data in iCloud, and synced.
  6. At that point, all 4 devices were in sync.

That was several weeks ago. They're no longer syncing. The iOS devices are syncing with each other, but not the Macs, and the Macs aren't even syncing with themselves.

Frustrated.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gecko85‌

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with sync. I certainly don't blame you for being frustrated. Let's try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and tap 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

• Gecko85
    Gecko85
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I tried all steps exactly as outlined. I'm now unable to re-enable sync on either iOS device. I get the following error on both:

Error
    Not all 1Password information was received from iCloud. Please wait for iCloud to complete downloading and try again later.

>

Waiting for files: band_8.js, band_A.js, band_B.js

It's been three hours since I re-synced the Macs with iCloud.

• Gecko85
    Gecko85
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I disabled sync (again) on the Macs, re-enabled, then waited for them to sync again. iOS now sees the existing iCloud data and merges.

But, Mac and iOS still have a different number of items listed, so they're not really in sync.

Seems this is much harder than it needs to be...

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Gecko85‌,

Sorry to hear that didn't help!

Could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac and iPhone, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.