Firefox extension (version 4.2.4) not working [Resolved: accidental beta - Reinstall the Extension]

Options
Jasper
edited July 2014 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Firefox extension not connecting.

Comments

• scottmil
    scottmil
    Community Member
    Options

I just noticed that the 1Password 4.2.4 extension installed on my Firefox 30.0 for the Mac will not connect to a website URL when the website name is clicked but will fill in the credential data when the website login page is viewed. I recently installed the Mac 10.9.4 update and wonder if that could be the cause. I use a MacBook Pro.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scottmil,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. First of all, I just want to confirm that you are indeed using 1Password 4 for Mac on your computer. (Your post is currently in the 1Password 3 for Mac forum, and I just want to be sure we're on the same page!)

Assuming that you are indeed using 1Password 4, the 4.2.4 extension is actually still in beta testing - it's not quite polished up and ready just yet, which is why you're seeing a few issues. It was accidentally released as stable and our developers are working on getting this fixed as soon as possible.

• scottmil
    scottmil
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies for posting on the wrong forum (1Password 3 rather than 4)...I did a Google search and arrived at this page directly. Yes, I am using extension 4.2.4 now with IPassword4, but I only installed it after I encountered the above-mentioned issue and then deleted an earlier version, which I assume was 4.2.3. Today I deleted 4.2.4 and used 1Password 4 to install the extension again, which is still currently 4.2.4. The extension will still not connect to a website when the name is clicked.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I think something is wrong on the Firefox extension download page. If I enable betas I get 4.2.4. If I disable betas I get 4.2.4.b1—which doesn't seem right at all. Perhaps it's related to the fact that I already have the 4.2.4.b1 extension installed...but it does mean I can't get rid of the "rogue" extension.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,

Please try using this direct link to download version 4.2.3 of the 1Password extension for Firefox:

1Password-4.2.3.xpi

You may first want to uninstall any installed version of the extension before downloading/installing that one. I apologize for any inconvenience of version confusion with current downloads through the 1Password 4 Browser Extension page.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Very much obliged @sjk‌.

Stephen

• scottmil
    scottmil
    Community Member
    Options

Uninstalling the 4.2.4 Firefox extension and directly installing 4.2.3 from your link above solved my problem.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scottmil‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! I do apologize for the inconvenience here.

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.