1PasswordAnywhere not using USB drive or Dropbox

Options
rck1190
rck1190
Community Member

Can you use 1PasswordAnywhere without a USB drive or Dropbox? Say Google drive or iCloud?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @rck1190,

At this time, 1PasswordAnywhere works best when accessed directly via the Dropbox website. Browsers have added some security precautions since the release of 1PasswordAnywhere that makes it a bit more tricky to use 1PasswordAnywhere with a local file. It is possible to use 1PasswordAnywhere with a locally stored file (or one on a USB drive) if you 'Disable local file restrictions' in Safari's developer menu, which is also mentioned in this article:

1PasswordAnywhere: Local File Restrictions

Syncing your 1Password data using Google Drive is not a supported solution at this time, so we have not fully tested how 1PasswordAnywhere will work with Google Drive. I can't say for sure if 1PasswordAnywhere will work via Google Drive, although I imagine it should behave similar to a locally stored keychain.

Unfortunately, 1PasswordAnywhere is not available via iCloud at this time.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time, but please let me know if you have any further questions! :)

internal reference number: OPM-1831

• rck1190
    rck1190
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Saying that, they're not saying it won't work with Google drive. Go explore! :-P You might find it works as you hope :-)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rck1190,

One possibility is going to Preferences… > Sync, selecting Folder sync, then selecting a location on your Google Drive. 1Password will sync data in the vault (where you've configured syncing) to that location in Agile Keychain format, which may be readable using 1PasswordAnywhere when local file restrictions are disabled.

This discussion has been closed.