Dragging a folder into another folder makes it disappear [v4.4.1, 441008]

Options
semblance
semblance
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Just noticed a weird bug in v4.4.1, 441008: if you drag a folder into another folder, it vanishes. If you then create a new sub-folder, the missing folder appears again.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a folder called "folder1"
  2. Create another folder called "folder2"
  3. Drag folder2 into folder1 — expected result is folder2 becomes a sub-folder of folder1, but instead folder2 vanishes
  4. Create a new sub-folder under folder1 — a new sub-folder appears as expected, along with the missing folder2.

Comments

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Also, it seems that deleting a folder no longer works.

If you right-click a folder and select Delete, and then click the Delete button in the "Confirm Delete" dialog, the folder does not get deleted.

But when you create a new folder, the folder that should have been deleted then disappears.

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Also, if you move a folder to the top of the hierarchy by dragging it into the "FOLDERS" heading at the top, it does not get placed in it's correct alphabetical position within the top-level folders.

Instead it always gets placed at the bottom.

But when you create a new folder, the existing folders get sorted into their correct alphabetical positions.

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

Actually I think these are all manifestations of the same bug :-)

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

Today, none of these issues are happening any more. Everything is behaving normally.

Weird. Must have been some kind of transient issue that has now resolved by itself.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @semblance,

That sure is/was a weird self-resolving issue you had with folder creation/deletion/sorting; I wasn't able to recreate it. Was 1Password mini restarted between when it happened and when you discovering it fixed?

If it does mysteriously return again, can you generate a Diagnostics Report while it's still happening and email it to support@agilebits.com? We'd like to see if that on-the-spot report reveals any clues to what causes this. Thanks!

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

I don't use 1Password mini so I wasn't paying attention to it, but I believe I did quit and restarted the main 1Password app — following which it resolved.

If it happens again, I'll generate a diagnostic report.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @semblance,

I'm so glad to hear that restarting the app got things behaving properly! If it starts acting up again, you know where to find us. ;)

This discussion has been closed.